Tarte recently launched this holiday season’s limited edition blush palette – 8 shades of blushes and 2 highlighters for $57 CAD!
- $57 CAD
- 8 blushes (0.084 oz/ 2.4 g each)
- 2 highlighters (0.084 oz/ 2.4 g each)
It features Tarte’s Amazonian clay blush formula – one of my personal favourite blush formulas on the market – in a double-sided palette with an array of tones.
View Full Post
It’s that eagerly anticipated time of the year – the Sephora holiday sale! If you’re a VIB Rouge member, you’ve likely already received your sale cards in the mail or eMail.
The holiday season is typically the most launch-heavy season, with endless amounts of gift sets, limited edition packaging, and holiday products. With so many exciting launches, it can be hard to decide what to buy.
For this year’s holiday sale, I cultivated a list of the most recent/noteworthy launches, along with value sets I definitely think are worth the price. These are all products I personally have my eye on – and all are from cruelty free brands (because it’s 2017, and testing on animals is cruel and unnecessary.)
View Full Post
So I somehow convinced my boyfriend to let me do his makeup. On camera…and publish it on the World Wide Web. Naturally, I had to go all in. Gold smokey eye, big fake lashes, contour, and a bright red lip. Since today is National Boyfriend Day, I figured it was the perfect day to share it with you!
He was such a good sport – in fact, he was more still and patient than many of the clients I’ve worked on.
Make sure to give the video a thumbs up if you want him to do my makeup next!
The key products used were the Jaclyn Hill x Morphe eyeshadow palette, the new Lise Watier Teint Velours foundation and powder, the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Skin Twinkle Vol. II palette, and the new limited edition Tarte Blush Bazaar palette! All products are listed in the video!
Morphe Me Subcription – September Brush Review
This limited edition brush set was one of the most anticipated Tarte launches of 2017- each year, they release a gorgeous limited edition set of brushes with special packaging.
For 2017, they launched their most unique and (I think) beautiful set yet.
These ultra luxurious brushes were inspired by fairytales, unicorns and magic, or more specifically “unicorn kisses and fantasy dreams,” according to Sephora. These brushes are also cruelty free and vegan friendly!
It retails for $51 Canadian, which for 5 gorgeous cruelty-free brushes is very reasonable!
- Magenta contour brush – this brush is dense with shorter, flat bristles that make it ideal for contouring, applying powder to bake, or even to highlight. I love using brushes like this to contour, because the long flat shape allows for an easy and effortless contour application.
- Pink powder brush – This tapered powder brush is fluffy and ideal for setting powder or blush. I love using brushes like this with loose powder to set my under eye concealer – though this one is a bit large for that depending on your face/eye shape. It works really well to sweep colour on the cheeks, or to set liquid/cream foundation with powder!
- Green blending eyeshadow brush – this fluffy eye brush has long bristles, yet tapers slightly to make it great for blending in the crease! It’s thinner than most of the crease brushes I have, and for that reason is a perfect addition to my collection!
- Blue shading eyeshadow brush – this thin, flat brush is ideal for packing on shadow to the lid. Shimmer, matte, satin, even cream shadows apply with ease. A brush like this is a must-have for any collection!
- Purple liquid foundation brush – this brush is very uniquely shaped, it’s neither flat nor rounded like most, but rather a fluffy/dense hybrid. I’m not the hugest fan of using only brushes to apply liquid or cream foundation (nothing blends quite like a sponge for me!) but if you like applying foundation with a brush, you will likely love this one!
The packaging speaks for itself. Sleek and gold unicorn-esque, with pastel bristles? How could I possibly resist? The brushes do feel lighter and slightly less significant than I expected – they look so luxurious I expected them to have more weight to them. But really that’s my only complaint!
I most definitely could not miss out on this brush set! It’s one I will undoubtedly keep on display for years to come! I cannot recommend this brush set enough!
Tarte launched this stunning highlighting palette as part of their Rainforest of the Sea spring/summer 2016 collection. It launched to the public at the end of February, and in stores March 8th-14th.
The giant collection features:
View Full Post