This is a super easy, quick summer makeup look using cruelty free brands. It’s great for days when you wake up feeling (and in my case, looking) like you walked off the set of The Walking Dead. It’s my go to look for the summer, using a simple trick to make the eyes look bigger and brighter!
Azeredo Cosmetics Lashes – Use code “MeganC10” to get 10% off!
Sigma Beauty: use code “RAINCOATESBEAUTY” to get 10% off!
*This post is not sponsored, but contains some affiliate links in which I can make a small percentage if you choose to purchase, at no cost to you! – you are in no way obligated to use my links, but it is super appreciated!*
There are always so many exciting new launches at Sephora, especially during May-June. This is peak time for Summer launches, and this year definitely has no shortage of newness. I put together a list of the new & hot launches at Sephora – all of which are from cruelty-free brands!
Oh boy. Where does one even begin? My wallet is practically weeping – I want everything! These are all prestige brands, so they are pricey – however, these are some of my all-time favourite brands. They are high quality, high-performance brands focusing on quality ingredients – and most importantly, they are cruelty-free (because really, it’s 2018 and testing on animals is barbaric and unnecessary!)
Products On My Radar
I’m most intrigued by the Hourglass & Marc Jacobs setting powders, as they’re rumoured to be absolutely incredible. I love using loose powder to set my makeup, especially ultra finely-milled powder as it looks the most natural and undetectable on the skin!
Lip glosses are one of the most popular trends for the summer. While this may not be particularly groundbreaking, I’m a firm believer that you can never have too many lip glosses. There are so many shades and formulas, and this season sees a surge of high-shine and metallic glosses. The Becca Glow Lip Gloss looks stunning from what I’ve seen in review videos! The Marc Jacobs Enamored Hydrating Gloss Stick has definitely sparked my interest. I love the regular glosses, so to see a new formula in a stick?! I’m not sure what to expect from this, but I shall have to investigate further!
In the sun and heat, we need all the help we can get to keep our makeup looking fresh. Setting sprays are an absolute must for me. Not only are they key to absorbing any excess powder sitting on the skin and adding a healthy glow, they also help to lock your makeup in place to prolong your makeup wear! Cover FX recently launched the High-Performance Setting spray, and I’ll definitely be trying it once I’ve used up my Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray!
What new products are you most excited for?
*this post is not sponsored, but may contain affiliate links in which I may earn a small commission if you choose to purchase products through my links, at no extra cost to you*
Check out my previous posts:
Free Downloadable Wallpapers For June
Kim Kardashian Met Gala 2018 Makeup Tutorial
Today’s tutorial is a quick Get Ready With Me! This is my go-to look, especially for the summer. It’s fast, easy, and helps make you look fresh and healthy! For me, this is a look I automatically go to when I’m in a rush or don’t feel like doing anything extravagant with my makeup.
Here are a few options to make applying this look quicker, if you’re really on a time crunch:
- Skip the lash primer, and just apply your favourite mascara
- Skip the liner – while this helps add some extra dimension to the eyes, it’s not always necessary!
- Skip the cream highlight – or, just use cream highlight and skip the powder highlight. Layering definitely isn’t necessary, but if you’re a glow-addict like me, it’s just a quick extra step that helps me feel more glamorous!
- Skip the lip liner/liquid lipstick, and opt for a nudey-pink gloss instead – this will give you a much softer, more natural look and will be much faster to apply
I may not be a huge fan of the excessive summer heat, but I am a huge fan of summer-themed makeup. Warm bronzes, glowing skin, corals, peaches, and pinks. And while sadly the past month hasn’t consisted of much makeup-wearing, my recovery hasn’t stopped me from daydreaming of summer lipsticks!
Here are some of my current favourites:
View Full Post
Smashbox recently launched their Crush On Blush Palette (initially exclusive to Smashbox.com, Shoppers Drug Mart, and Murale).
I have been eagerly awaiting this launch since attending a Smashbox training seminar a few months ago. It was supposed to be launched in March at Shopper’s Drug Mart, however it wasn’t received or released here until this month. I popped in to my locale Murale store and bought one before they even put it out on display!
This limited edition blush palette is absolutely incredible!
It retails for $45, and is valued at $134!
It features six shades: 1 highlighter, 1 bronzer, and 4 blushes.
- The Highlight: Soft Lights “Shimmer” (permanent). This is a STUNNING beige/champagne toned highlight with micro-fine shimmer. It’s more shimmery than sparkly, and creates a phenomenal highlight.
- The Bronzer: Bronze Lights in “Sun Tan” (a new permanent release). This is a gorgeous neutral toned, light bronzer. It’s very soft and natural, has no shine or shimmer, and would be excellent for fair skins that have difficulty finding a natural looking bronzer.
- “Warm Apricot”: This is a peachy apricot with golden/copper shimmer. The shimmer is very natural looking, and creates a beautiful glow.
- “Guava”: This is a mid-tone deeper peachy- pink. It’s more of a satin finish, and works especially well on medium to deeper skin tones!
- “Rosy”- This is a deeper, dusty pink with reddish/plum undertones. It has a subtle sparkle (the sparkle doesn’t really show, it just reflects light beautifully!) This shade also looks stunning on medium and deeper skin tones!
- “Rosette”- This is my personal favourite shade! It’s a light, cool-toned pink that sort of reminds me of Mac’s “Dame” or “Rose Fresque” by Lancome. This type of a colour is always my go-to for a fresh, spring look. This colour looks so gorgeous on fair skin tones!
Here are some swatches: (swatched with fingers)
“Guava” photograpphed more orange that it really is – I promise it doesn’t look that orange in person!
Tip: a little goes a long way. This blush is so pigmented and so finely-milled that you really only need a quick dip in the product- don’t swirl your brush, it will make a mess!
Bottomline: This palette is incredible. It has quickly become my favourite blush product, and I’ve been using it every day since getting it! It’s worth every penny, and is perfect for travelling, makeup artists, or beauty lovers looking to build their kit/collections!