I got to do my best friend’s makeup for her University graduation, and she let me film it! We did a trial run to test out the look she wanted. It’s a SUPER easy glam look, with a matte eye, some winged liner, and a berry coloured lip.
As an easy glam look, it’s simple enough that anyone can do it! It’s great for beginners and can be customized in a million different ways. For example, adding a shimmery or sparkly eyeshadow instead of the matte will instantly make it more glamorous. Deepening the crease colour of the eyeshadow will make it more dramatic or smokey, and pairing it with a nude or red lip will change up the look!
Join us to see how we created this look, and for embarrassing stories of my adolescence!
Check out my previous posts:
Free Downloadable July Wallpapers
Self-Hosting Vs. Free Hosting – Which Is Better For You?
Makeup Declutter – Eye Makeup I’m Throwing Out
I recently got to glam up my friend Jess, so we went for a bronze, Kardashian inspired glam – a sultry, smokey bronzed look paired with a nude lip is very reminiscent of Kim Kardashian’s makeup looks around 2014/2015. This type of a look is what inspired the makeup I did for Jess:
It’s glam but not overly dramatic, and the gold/bronze tones really accentuate Jess’s gorgeous blue eyes!
This is more of a chatty get ready with us style video as opposed to a tutorial, but I included each product used and a brief description of each step!
We hope you enjoy!
Jess’s channel is currently under construction, so I’ll share that with you as soon as it’s up! Stay tuned for our cooking video!
I’m convinced August didn’t actually happen because I swear I blinked and it passed by in a second. Can you believe it’s already close to the end of 2017!? Not that I’m complaining, 2017 has been a dreadfully comedic crapstorm for global events.
Luckily Instagram always tends to cheer me up – here’s a recap of my month on Instagram!
You can find me here, or as “raincoatesbeauty” on the app!
Morphe Me Brush Subscription – August 2017 Review
July 2017 On Instagram
Kylie Cosmetics Send Me More Nudes Velvet Liquid Lipstick – Vacation Collection Review
Spring is perhaps my favorite season of the year for Instagram – everyone’s feeds are full of pastels, flowers, and pretty pinks.
Here’s a recap of what my month looked like on Instagram!
You can find me here, or as raincoatesbeauty on the app!
Are you addicted to Instagram too? Leave me your links in the comments!
For the 5th day of Blogmas, I thought I would include a makeup look that I created recently using some of the ColourPop shadows I got in my recent haul! You can see all the products I got, and my reviews of them here!
Red and orange tones are very in this season, as seen in many new palettes such as the Huda Beauty Rose Gold palette and the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance palette.
Tones like this can seem a little intimidating, but when used sparingly they add a really gorgeous warm pop to the eyes! If you have hazel eyes like I do, they will also make your eyes appear more green! If you’re wanting to branch into using more red, oranges, and pinks, I think the key is to use them in moderation. A more neutral shimmery shade on the lid, mixed with the reddish tones in the outer corner or in the crease can be a nice middle-ground!
On the eyes:
- Lise Watier CC Eyeshadow Primer
- ColourPop “Weenie” (inner part of lid), “Muse” (middle of lid, blended into outer corner), “Paradox” (in outer corner and a little bit in the crease), “Shop” and “Tang” (blended into the crease)
- Maybelline Master Precise Skinny Eyeliner in black
- Kiss #11 False Lashes
- Lise Watier Velours eyeliner in “Brun Velours”
- NYX Micro Brow Pencil “Dark Brown”
- Anastasia Beverly Hills clear brow gel
On the face:
- Cover FX Anti-Aging Primer
- Urban Decay All Nighter foundation mixed with IT Cosmetics CC + foundation (gives me full coverage and all day wear, while being more hydrating and comfortable!)
- Kat Von D Lock It Concealer
- Pür 4 in 1 Pressed Mineral Powder
- Kat Von D Shade & Light Contour Palette
- Lise Watier Arabesque Illuminating trio highlighter
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush Palette (Holiday 2016) “Icon” mixed with “Concept”
On the lips:
- Kylie Cosmetics “Candy K” lip liner
- ColourPop “Alyssa” Ultra Satin Lip, with “Bestie” Ultra Glossy lip over top
Previous Blogmas Posts:
Huda Beauty Palette Review (Blogmas 2016 Day 4)
Holiday Beauty Wishlist (Blogmas 2016 Day 3)
ColourPop Holiday Haul – Blogmas 2016 Day 2
Welcome To Blogmas! (2016)