I had initially planned to do a 2017 Beauty Favourites video, but time seemed to escape me. Before I knew it, it was the end of March and I don’t know about you, but that seems a tad too late. So instead I thought I’d do a post talking about some of my current favourite makeup products – most of which were from 2017, but some are new launches.
This video contained many bloopers, which I decided not to edit out. Specifically, my dog knocking over my Jaclyn Hill palette, and the heartbreak and turmoil that followed. I hope you enjoy!
- Lise Watier CC Eye Primer
- Jaclyn Hill x Morphe Palette
- Stila Shimmer & Glow Liquid Eyeshadows – “Cloud” and “Starlight”
- Eyenvy Lash Conditioner
- Pur Fully Charged Lash Primer
- Thrive Causemetics Liquid Lash Extensions
- Smashbox Photofinish Primerizer
- The Ordinary High Spreadability Fluid Primer
- Lise Watier Teint Velours Foundation in “Porcelain”
- Tarte Shape Tape concealer in “Light”
- Lise Watier Teint Velours Loose Powder
- Nude By Nature Radiant Loose Powder Foundation
- Stila Stay all day liquid lipstick in “Sheer Patina”
- Fenty Beauty Universal Gloss Bomb
- NYX This Is Everything Lip Oil
This is my go-to makeup look for every day, when I don’t have a lot of time, or just don’t feel like doing anything particularly dramatic.
It’s easy, and really brightens the complexion (which is great if you’re like me, and have atrocious sleeping habits.)
I’m using a lot of my current favourite makeup products.
Don’t let the long list of products fool you – this really is an easy look to create!
- Lise Watier extreme hold cc eye primer
- Urban Decay Naked Palette – “Naked” & “Buck”
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
- Marcelle Forever Sharp Waterproof Eyeliner “Blackest Black”
- Pur Fully Charged Mascara Primer
- Thrive Causemetics Liquid Lash Extensions Mascara
- The Ordinary High Adherence Silicone Primer
- Lise Watier Teint Velours Foundation “Porcelain”
- Pixi Brightening Under Eye Concentrate – Peach
- Tarte Shape Tape Concealer – Light
- Lise Watier Teint Velours Powder
- Hourglass Ambient Light Metallic Strobe Palette
- Stila Stay All Day Bronzer
- Essence Satin Touch Blush “Satin Love”
- Marcelle Eye-Brightening Kohl Eyeliner “Beige”
- Urban Decay Naked palette “Smog” & “Buck”
- Lise Watier Waterproof Lip Crayon “Nude”
- Lise Watier Rouge Intense Supreme Lipstick “Charlize”
- Morphe R3 brush
- Morphe R40 brush
- Morphe R42 brush
- Morphe r3 brush
- Quo Liner & brow brush
- Morphe M510 brush
- Morphe R7 Brush
- Morphe E4 brush
- Morphe M508
I hope you enjoy! Let me know what your current favourite products are!
Check out my previous posts:
Easy Mushroom Stroganoff – Vegan/Plant-Based
February 2018 On Instagram
Kardashian Inspired Glam – Chatty Tutorial
Pasta is synonymous with happiness. Well, not really, but it should be. I would eat pasta every day if it were healthy to do so. One of my favourite things to do is try to make pasta bit healthier – such as using a gluten-free or brown rice pasta, and making the sauces out of things like vegetables and beans.
Then again, sometimes you just need a good old-fashion comfort food pasta. I love Stroganoff and knew I wanted to veganize a recipe. I began searching for different ones online, and while there are lots of great ones – like this one from Caitlin of From My Bowl – I knew I wanted to play around and see what I could come up with.
This instantly became one of my favourite recipes. It’s a super easy, one-pot mushroom-stroganoff style pasta. It’s dairy free, vegan, and can be customized in a ton of different ways! !
Best of all it’s easy, quick, and can be made in just one pot!
- When adding your pasta, the liquid should be just covering the pasta. Depending on the pasta you’re using, you may need to add an extra 1-2 cups water.
- I decided to add extra pasta for leftovers, so I added an extra 1 & 1/2 cups water.
- The beefless ground is optional but adds extra heartiness, protein, and that “traditional” stroganoff texture. You could substitute this with lentils!
- Omit sprinkle of vegan cheese for a healthier option
- You can use any type of pasta, but I prefer gluten-free. It’s healthier and easier on the stomach! My current favourite is the Catelli Gluten-Free pasta, or brown rice pasta.
I recently got to glam up my friend Jess, so we went for a bronze, Kardashian inspired glam – a sultry, smokey bronzed look paired with a nude lip is very reminiscent of Kim Kardashian’s makeup looks around 2014/2015. This type of a look is what inspired the makeup I did for Jess:
It’s glam but not overly dramatic, and the gold/bronze tones really accentuate Jess’s gorgeous blue eyes!
This is more of a chatty get ready with us style video as opposed to a tutorial, but I included each product used and a brief description of each step!
We hope you enjoy!
Jess’s channel is currently under construction, so I’ll share that with you as soon as it’s up! Stay tuned for our cooking video!
In October I got to travel to Florida with my best friend, to visit Disneyworld and Universal Studios during their Halloween season.
It was one of the best trips I’ve ever been on. We spent 10 days in Florida, doing the full Disney experience. We visit all 4 disney Parks and Universal Studios. We went in October as we both love Halloween, and Halloween in Disney was on both of our bucket lists! The Hollywood Horror Nights was so insanely fun – not to mention scary. One of us, and I’m not going to name names,
*cough*Claudia*cough* may or may not have cried in the American Horror Story haunted house. Universal Studios transforms into a place of Halloween magic and scariness after dark, and it’s something every Halloween lover should experience.
If you’re not a fan of scariness, then Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party is pure whimsical Halloween bliss. It’s full of pumpkins, trick or treating, and a show and was one of the best nights of my life.
I can’t wait to go back to Disney soon!
Make sure to watch Claudia’s video here!