Kim Kardashian West’s makeup look for the recent 2018 Met Gala was my absolute favourite look – I know everyone has been obsessing over it and recreating it, but I simply couldn’t resist – as soon as I saw it I knew I needed to create a tutorial for a look inspired by this makeup! It’s a sexy smoked out cat eye, and I can guarantee it will instantly make you feel 10x more fierce.
View Full Post
I’ve recently been loving shimmery eye looks, perhaps because I’ve been so in love with Stila’s In the Light palette!
On the eyes: Brown pencil liner (unfortunately the name has rubbed off) in the crease, Mac “Bare Study” paint pot, Stila “Kitten” & “Sandstone”, Mac “Brown Script”, Stila Stay All Day 24 hr liquid liner, Covergirl Clumpcrusher mascara.
Brows are Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in “Chocolate”.
Face: Mac Studio Sculpt foundation, Benefit Erase Paste concealer, Estée Lauder Ideal Light concealer, Cover FX Illuminating setting powder, Lancôme “Rose Fresque” blush, Mac “Superb” skin finish, Benefit “Hoola” bronzer.
Lips: Elizabeth Arden “Rose” lipliner, Mac “Morning Rose” lipstick.
As I have previously stated in my last Makeup of the Day post, I have been absolutely, head-over-heels in love with Stila’s “In The Light” Palette. While I do still plan on making an in-depth review post when I have more time, I have been experimenting with some of the different shades and textures.
I typically gravitate towards brightness and shimmer, but for this makeup I thought I would go for more of a matte look.
On the eyes:
- In the Light Palette: “Bare” on the lid, a little bit of “Bliss” in the crease, blended with “Sandstone” in the outer corner as well as on the bottom lash line
- Stila Stay All Day 24 Hour Liquid Liner in Black
- Covergirl Clumpcrusher Mascara
On the face:
- Smashbox Photofinish primer
- Clarins Extra Comfort foundation in shade #105
- Cover FX illuminating setting powder
- Mac “Gentle” mineralized blush
On the lips:
- Mac “Angel” and “Morning Rose” lipsticks