There are always so many exciting new launches at Sephora, especially during May-June. This is peak time for Summer launches, and this year definitely has no shortage of newness. I put together a list of the new & hot launches at Sephora – all of which are from cruelty-free brands!
Oh boy. Where does one even begin? My wallet is practically weeping – I want everything! These are all prestige brands, so they are pricey – however, these are some of my all-time favourite brands. They are high quality, high-performance brands focusing on quality ingredients – and most importantly, they are cruelty-free (because really, it’s 2018 and testing on animals is barbaric and unnecessary!)
Products On My Radar
I’m most intrigued by the Hourglass & Marc Jacobs setting powders, as they’re rumoured to be absolutely incredible. I love using loose powder to set my makeup, especially ultra finely-milled powder as it looks the most natural and undetectable on the skin!
Lip glosses are one of the most popular trends for the summer. While this may not be particularly groundbreaking, I’m a firm believer that you can never have too many lip glosses. There are so many shades and formulas, and this season sees a surge of high-shine and metallic glosses. The Becca Glow Lip Gloss looks stunning from what I’ve seen in review videos! The Marc Jacobs Enamored Hydrating Gloss Stick has definitely sparked my interest. I love the regular glosses, so to see a new formula in a stick?! I’m not sure what to expect from this, but I shall have to investigate further!
In the sun and heat, we need all the help we can get to keep our makeup looking fresh. Setting sprays are an absolute must for me. Not only are they key to absorbing any excess powder sitting on the skin and adding a healthy glow, they also help to lock your makeup in place to prolong your makeup wear! Cover FX recently launched the High-Performance Setting spray, and I’ll definitely be trying it once I’ve used up my Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray!
What new products are you most excited for?
*this post is not sponsored, but may contain affiliate links in which I may earn a small commission if you choose to purchase products through my links, at no extra cost to you*
Check out my previous posts:
Free Downloadable Wallpapers For June
Kim Kardashian Met Gala 2018 Makeup Tutorial
Here’s a roundup of my current favourite makeup brushes, and the brushes I used the most throughout 2015!
- Cover FX Liquid Foundation Brush
- Lise Watier Perfecting Foundation Brush
- Mac #130 Brush
- The Buffer Airbrush Finish Foundation Brush
- Cargo Magic Brush
- Real Techniques #300 Brush
- Real Techniques Blush Brush
- Mac #135 Brush
- Mac #161 Brush
- Lise Watier Multi Function Powder Fan Brush
- Sigma E35 Tapered Blending Brush
- Mac #217
- Morphe M507 Pointed Mini Blender
- Stila #36 Brush
To see a tutorial on this makeup look and what’s on my face, click here!
One of the (many) symptoms of being a beauty blogger and a shopaholic is having a constant, ever-growing wish list.
With so many products constantly being released in the beauty industry, it can be really hard to keep up. One thing I like to do is make a list of new products, or products that interest me. Then I do some research online and read some reviews before ultimately deciding whether or not to buy it!
Now, I’ll be honest. Most of the items on wish lists don’t stay on my wish list for very long (that’s where the shopaholic part comes in. Yeah, my bank account is never too pleased with me.)
View Full Post
Prom/Graduation season is fast approaching – and for some, has already passed! Following my massive skincare post, I’ve been eager to do some special event makeup tutorials!
This is one of my current favourite looks for any sort of special occasion (but honestly, I often wear this to work even if there is no special occasion!)
For this look, the focus is on the eyes, paired with a nude-pink lip. It’s dramatic (yet not too crazy) warm, and shimmery. It really accentuates the eyes, helping to define and elongate the eye shape.
View Full Post
I was going to go into my usual spiel about how I can’t believe how quickly the month has passed, but I’ve come to realize that it’s rather redundant as every month passes by faster than the previous!
I’ve gotten quite a few new products in the past month, but tried to narrow it down to the ones that I’ve been using the most! Many of these are Mac products, because I was introduced to quite a few new Mac products.
- Mac Gently Off Eye and Lip Makeup Remover: this product was demonstrated at the Mac Pro class that I attended a couple of weeks ago. I’ve tried quite a few different eye makeup removers, but so far this one is my favourite! It’s gentle and nourishing, but effective in removing even the toughest of waterproof eye makeup. For you ladies out there who, like me, love a LOT of mascara, this is definitely a great product for you!
- Mac “Wedge” Shadow: This has been referred to as one of the “must have” mac shadows of all time. It’s a neutral, light taupe/brown that works perfectly as a natural crease contour colour for light to medium skin tones, and is buildable for darker complexions. It’s a matte finish so it looks natural, and really is perfect for a “no makeup” makeup look!
- Mac Prep + Prime Lash Primer: despite having tried and having sold lash primers many times, I hadn’t actually gotten around to purchasing a lash primer myself. I decided to give this one a try, and am officially a new woman. A lash primer makes such a huge difference! You can expect a full post on that coming up soon!
- Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Colour Lip Liner in “Rose”: these liners are amazing. They are smooth, long lasting, retractable, and come with a sharpener on the end as well as a cool little rubber brush to blend out the colour. They are without a doubt my new favourite liners!
- Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Colour Lipstick in “Sweet Pink”: Elizabeth Arden, you have officially gotten me hooked on your lip products. The lipsticks are just as beautiful as the liners. “Sweet Pink” is a gorgeous warm nude-toned pink.
- Bite Agave Lip Mask: Finding this lip product was essentially like finding the pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. I do not know what I was doing with my life before this. Its 99% natural and has so many amazing ingredients in it. If you suffer from dry lips, this will be your saviour.
- Cover FX Illuminating Setting Powder: I don’t typically wear a lot of powder, but I do like to set my makeup. This one is great for all skin types and helps to give a soft, healthy glow. It sets makeup without being matte or appearing dry. For my glowy-skin loving girls out there, this powder is amazing!
- Clarisonic Mia 2: I finally succumbed and bought a Clarisonic. I have been hearing so many amazing things for years, and it truly is a wonderful device. I will be doing an in-depth skincare post soon featuring the Clarisonic!
- Clinique Acne Solutions Clinical Clearing Gel: This is a new product that replaced their spot-gel treatment. It’s super effective yet it’s not overly drying, which is really rare to find in an acne product. You can wear it under makeup without it being all gross and flaky or appearing scaly. I have dry and sensitive skin, and I use it everyday on my problem areas! It can be used as a spot treatment, or on larger problem areas.
- Mac “Petal Power” Mineralized Blush: This blush is from the spring collection and has quickly become my new favourite blush. It’s a gorgeous peachy pink with soft gold shimmer, and is beautiful for spring and summer!
- Mac Studio Sculpt Foundation: I tried this foundation a few months ago and wasn’t a huge fan, but when I recently tried it again I loved it! I find it works the best when applied with a beauty blender. It’s really blendable and gives a gorgeous dewy finish with buildable coverage. Using a beauty blender gives natural to medium coverage, while using a brush will give a more full coverage application. Unfortunately my skin has a tendency to break out with Mac cream and liquid products after a while, but I truly love this product so much that I’ll be saving it as a special occasion foundation!
- Ralph Lauren Big Pony #2 Women’s Perfume: I am completely obsessed with this perfume. It is girly and sweet and perfect for summer! You can read my review on it here.
What were your beauty favourites this month?