There are always so many exciting new launches at Sephora, especially during May-June. This is peak time for Summer launches, and this year definitely has no shortage of newness. I put together a list of the new & hot launches at Sephora – all of which are from cruelty-free brands!
Oh boy. Where does one even begin? My wallet is practically weeping – I want everything! These are all prestige brands, so they are pricey – however, these are some of my all-time favourite brands. They are high quality, high-performance brands focusing on quality ingredients – and most importantly, they are cruelty-free (because really, it’s 2018 and testing on animals is barbaric and unnecessary!)
Products On My Radar
I’m most intrigued by the Hourglass & Marc Jacobs setting powders, as they’re rumoured to be absolutely incredible. I love using loose powder to set my makeup, especially ultra finely-milled powder as it looks the most natural and undetectable on the skin!
Lip glosses are one of the most popular trends for the summer. While this may not be particularly groundbreaking, I’m a firm believer that you can never have too many lip glosses. There are so many shades and formulas, and this season sees a surge of high-shine and metallic glosses. The Becca Glow Lip Gloss looks stunning from what I’ve seen in review videos! The Marc Jacobs Enamored Hydrating Gloss Stick has definitely sparked my interest. I love the regular glosses, so to see a new formula in a stick?! I’m not sure what to expect from this, but I shall have to investigate further!
In the sun and heat, we need all the help we can get to keep our makeup looking fresh. Setting sprays are an absolute must for me. Not only are they key to absorbing any excess powder sitting on the skin and adding a healthy glow, they also help to lock your makeup in place to prolong your makeup wear! Cover FX recently launched the High-Performance Setting spray, and I’ll definitely be trying it once I’ve used up my Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray!
What new products are you most excited for?
*this post is not sponsored, but may contain affiliate links in which I may earn a small commission if you choose to purchase products through my links, at no extra cost to you*
Check out my previous posts:
Free Downloadable Wallpapers For June
Kim Kardashian Met Gala 2018 Makeup Tutorial
I’ve been collecting some new makeup products over the last few months, and tried to hoard as much as I could so that I could do a full face of first impressions! Watch me create this spring makeup look using all these products for the first time – many of which are brand new products on the market!
View Full Post
I’m so excited to be sharing the first Morphe Me package of 2018! I’ve been subscribed to this monthly brush package for over a year now, and while I definitely don’t need any more brushes, I just can’t bring myself to cancel the subscription. It’s such a great value, and I’m a serious brush-junkie.
To ring in the new year, this month’s brush package includes 3 different face brushes from the gorgeous Gunmetal collection. These brushes also feature Morphe’s sleek new logo font.
- G39 Deluxe Foundation: synthetic bristles. This smaller, slightly dense brush offers a unique shape that is neither dense nor fluffy, but a great middle ground. ideal for blending out foundation and concealer. It’s not round or puffy, but thicker and fluffier than your standard flat paddle-style foundation brush. Flat paddle brushes tend to just wipe foundation on the skin, leaving a streaky finish. The G39 is a much better alternative, as it diffuses liquid products really well, especially if you’re seeking a soft and natural finish! This is my favourite brush from this month’s package.
- G5 Pointed Powder: synthetic bristles. This fluffy brush has a rounded, tapered end. The fluffiness makes this ideal for powder, but the size and tapered edge mean it can be used all over the face! It’s great for setting concealer under the eyes, setting foundation, or applying blush to the cheeks. I personally love a brush like this to blend away the excess powder used when baking your contour. They’ve launched a few brushes that are similar in shape, however I have none in my collection with this exact size, fluffiness, or tapered top. It initially looks similar to the E3 and the Real Techniques brush, however these 2 are larger, less dense, and not as tapered.
- G42 1” Flat Contour: this thin brush has a flat top, and is a perfect shape for contouring to sculpt out your features – especially the nose area. Personally, I find a shape like this to be a tad too small and precise for contouring my cheeks, but it works perfectly for the nose. This is the big brother to the G41 (which came in the May 2017 Brush package!) The G41 is tiny compared to this one; the G42 is large, a bit thicker, and has slightly longer bristles. I use a brush like this to contour my nose every day – and this might just become my new favourite!
All of the brushes are extremely soft, and the Gun Metal collection feels very sleek and luxurious. To check out the previous Gun Metal brushes included in the Morphe Me subscription, you can read my review here!
Another new feature Morphe has added is the ability to skip certain brushes from each month and swap them for a different one! You can read more about that here.
If you’re thinking about joining the subscription, you get a free brush if you join through my link here!
Morphe Me Subscription – October Brush Review
Morphe Me Subcription – September Brush Review
Morphe Me Brush Subscription – August 2017 Review
Tarte recently launched this holiday season’s limited edition blush palette – 8 shades of blushes and 2 highlighters for $57 CAD!
- $57 CAD
- 8 blushes (0.084 oz/ 2.4 g each)
- 2 highlighters (0.084 oz/ 2.4 g each)
It features Tarte’s Amazonian clay blush formula – one of my personal favourite blush formulas on the market – in a double-sided palette with an array of tones.
View Full Post
It’s that eagerly anticipated time of the year – the Sephora holiday sale! If you’re a VIB Rouge member, you’ve likely already received your sale cards in the mail or eMail.
The holiday season is typically the most launch-heavy season, with endless amounts of gift sets, limited edition packaging, and holiday products. With so many exciting launches, it can be hard to decide what to buy.
For this year’s holiday sale, I cultivated a list of the most recent/noteworthy launches, along with value sets I definitely think are worth the price. These are all products I personally have my eye on – and all are from cruelty free brands (because it’s 2017, and testing on animals is cruel and unnecessary.)
View Full Post