By now I’m sure you’ve heard of Urban Decay’s most recent palette launch – the Naked Smoky! You can read all about it and see swatches here!
Some of the negative feedback I’ve heard for this palette is usually something along the lines of “It’s great for a smoky eye….but what else can you do with it?” I wanted to create a quick and simple look to showcase that you can do more with this palette than just a dark, smoky eye.
A neutral/warm shimmery look is my favourite and go-to, especially when trying out a new product. It adds definition but still highlights the eye.
For this look, I started with blending “Combust” into the crease and below the brow bone as a transition shade. Then I blended “Whiskey” into the outer crease lightly. On the lid, I used my finger to apply “High” over the majority of the lid, meeting up with Whiskey but not really overlapping it. To blend the two shades, I applied “Radar”, starting at the outer corner and blending it inwards. I also added Whiskey to the lower lash line, using the smaller end of the brush to soften and blend. I applied “Thirteen” to the inner corner and the brow bone as a highlight shade. I finished with “Blackmarket” along my lash line to fake eyeliner!
This look is super quick and easy to create, and can be worn for all occasions! You can dress it up with a cat eye and false lashes, or apply less Whiskey to make it softer!
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in “Dark Brown.” (Please excuse my messy brows, I’m letting them grow and trying hard not to pluck!)
- Benefit Roller Lash Mascara
- Lise Watier Smokey Kohl Velours Liner – Nude
I also created this smoky bronze look, using the same palette! It’s super easy, and you can see a tutorial on it here!
One of my favourite looks for the summer is a warm, shimmery shadow with a peachy/pink lip.
For this look, I used:
- Mac “Soft Ochre” Paint Pot
- Mac “Wedge” shadow
- Mac “Tan” Pigment
- Mac “She Sparkles” Dazzle shadow
- Stila Smudge Stick “Damsel”
- Benefit Roller Lash mascara
- Quo false lashes
- Makeup Forever Step 1 Skin Equalizer Nourishing Primer
- Maybelline Fit Me Foundation mixed with L’Oreal Infallible foundation Pro-Matte Foundation
- Urban Decay Naked Skin concealer
- Cover FX Illuminating Setting powder
- Mac Mineralize Skin Finish Natural
- Urban Decay Naked Flushed Palette “Naked” for bronzer, soft contour, and blush
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed “Opal” with a bit of “Moonstone” over top
- Urban Decay Chill Setting Spray
- NYX “Nude” retractable lip liner
- Clinique “Melon Pop” Lip Colour + Primer
If you’ve read my previous posts, then you know how utterly obsessed I am with the Smashbox Crush On Blush Palette (you can read my full review with swatches here!)
For this post, I wanted to show how one palette can be used for both the eyes and the cheeks to create a soft yet glowy look.
View Full Post
I got the new Smashbox Double Exposure Palette a few months ago, and have been obsessed with it! For my full review of the palette, click here!
This is my go-to eye look: warm neutral tones, shimmer, and gradient blending. I like to create this look whenever I get new palettes/shadows, because it’s a look I’m so comfortable with that it works well as a method of testing out whether or not I like the new product.
It’s wearable glam that emphasizes the eyes, while keeping the face and lips more on the soft side. I like to use demi eyelashes, as they’re much easier to apply for my eye shape, and they help to elongate the eyes and give more of a flirty, cat-eye look.
Other products used:
- Smashbox 24 Hour Lid primer (my ABSOLUTE favourite eyelid primer)
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner
- Maybelline Pumped Up! Colossal Mascara
- Demi lashes (no name brand from eBay – full lashes cut in half)
- Lise Watier Smokey Kohl Velours Liner “Noirs Velours”
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in “Dark Brown”
- Vichy Dermablend foundation sheered out with Smashbox Photofinish primer
- Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer
- Smashbox Photofilter Powder Foundation
- Mac “Dame” blush
- NYX Dewy Finish Setting Spray
- Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Colour Precision Glide lipliner in “Ballet Blush”
- Mac “Angel” Lipstick
- NYX “Tiramisu” Butter Gloss
If you are a regular reader of my blog, this will likely not be the first time that you’ve heard me talk about Stila’s “In the Light” palette.
This palette is one of my absolute favourite makeup purchase of all time. It has without a doubt been my most-used palette so far! I typically gravitate towards “Kitten”, but for this makeup look I wanted to go for more of a gold smokey eye.
My current favourite colours from the palette are:
For this look I used:
- “Sandstone” in the crease as well as on the lower lash line
- “Ebony” to deepen the crease
- A little bit of “Gilded Gold” in the outer corner as a transition from the gold to brown/black
- “Brown Script” by MAC (I know, I know-it’s not from the Stila palette but it’s my favourite transition colour for smokey/brown looks
- “Bubbly” on the lid- I sprayed my brush with a bit of MAC Fix+ for more dramatic pigmentation
- MAC Penultimate liquid liner
- Ardell Lashes
- Lise Watier Black Kohl pencil in the waterline
This palette is the love of my life. It is such a beautiful, versatile palette and is a perfect addition to any makeup-lover’s kit!