For the 5th day of Blogmas, I thought I would include a makeup look that I created recently using some of the ColourPop shadows I got in my recent haul! You can see all the products I got, and my reviews of them here!
Red and orange tones are very in this season, as seen in many new palettes such as the Huda Beauty Rose Gold palette and the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance palette.
Tones like this can seem a little intimidating, but when used sparingly they add a really gorgeous warm pop to the eyes! If you have hazel eyes like I do, they will also make your eyes appear more green! If you’re wanting to branch into using more red, oranges, and pinks, I think the key is to use them in moderation. A more neutral shimmery shade on the lid, mixed with the reddish tones in the outer corner or in the crease can be a nice middle-ground!
On the eyes:
- Lise Watier CC Eyeshadow Primer
- ColourPop “Weenie” (inner part of lid), “Muse” (middle of lid, blended into outer corner), “Paradox” (in outer corner and a little bit in the crease), “Shop” and “Tang” (blended into the crease)
- Maybelline Master Precise Skinny Eyeliner in black
- Kiss #11 False Lashes
- Lise Watier Velours eyeliner in “Brun Velours”
- NYX Micro Brow Pencil “Dark Brown”
- Anastasia Beverly Hills clear brow gel
On the face:
- Cover FX Anti-Aging Primer
- Urban Decay All Nighter foundation mixed with IT Cosmetics CC + foundation (gives me full coverage and all day wear, while being more hydrating and comfortable!)
- Kat Von D Lock It Concealer
- Pür 4 in 1 Pressed Mineral Powder
- Kat Von D Shade & Light Contour Palette
- Lise Watier Arabesque Illuminating trio highlighter
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush Palette (Holiday 2016) “Icon” mixed with “Concept”
On the lips:
- Kylie Cosmetics “Candy K” lip liner
- ColourPop “Alyssa” Ultra Satin Lip, with “Bestie” Ultra Glossy lip over top
Previous Blogmas Posts:
Huda Beauty Palette Review (Blogmas 2016 Day 4)
Holiday Beauty Wishlist (Blogmas 2016 Day 3)
ColourPop Holiday Haul – Blogmas 2016 Day 2
Welcome To Blogmas! (2016)
For a Valentines Day look, I wanted to do something a little different than the typical shimmery, pink-toned trend. While I do love pink-toned makeup looks, I was just in the mood for something a little different – and I admit, I was itching to create a look with the Morphe 35O palette (which you can read a full review of here! ) as well as the new Morphe single shadows I got recently.
I went for a warmer, gold shimmery look and paired it with a soft pinky-nude lip! Some may think that gold is a holiday look – I however think anytime is a good time for gold (I’m kind of like Smaug from the Hobbit in that regard.)
For the eyes, the shadows used were all from Morphe.
- Mac “Soft Ochre” Paint Pot to prime
- Morphe 35O Palette:
- Morphe “Perfection” single shadow on the inner corner and browbone to highlight – this may just be my new favourite colour to highlight the eyes with!
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liquid Liner “Trooper”
- Benefit Roller Lash Mascara
- Ardell Demi Wispies false lashes
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow in “Dark Brown” on the brows
- Smashbox Primer Water
- Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation mixed with Vichy Dermablend foundation (this adds some extra coverage!)
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer to conceal under the eyes
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer to conceal blemishes/spots
- Maybelline Fit Me Powder
- Kat Von D Shade & Light Contour palette
- Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Powder #01 to highlight
- Lancome “Rose Fresque” Blush mixed with Milani “Luminoso” Blush
- Mac “Subculture” Lip Liner
- Gerard Cosmetics “Buttercup” lipstick
- NYX Butter Gloss in “Eclair” over top
I hope everyone has a great Valentines Day! And if you’re single like I am, don’t worry! Use the money you could spend on a significant other, and treat yourself to some makeup goodies!
Happy New Year Everyone! I hope you all had a great holiday/Christmas, and a fantastic new years. I do have some 2015 favourites posts and a video coming soon, as well as more exciting giveaways!
To kick of the new year, I thought I would share some exciting new launches in the drugstore. Working in cosmetics, I feel as though I’ve developed a particularly strong radar for any new products. These are some that have caught my eye and that I’m eager to try!
Holiday makeup is extremely fun, and has endless possibilities. From sparkles, glitter and shimmer, to red lips, warm skin, berry tones, and more. While there’s a lot of modern trends and no shortage of creativity amongst the makeup artistry community season, I do truly love the “classic” holiday look – gold, shimmery eyes, paired with a bold lip. Some think it’s overdone and cliche, but I however think it’s a timeless look. It can be tweaked for all skin tones, ethnicities, and age groups.
For today’s Blogmas post, I’m sharing one of my first holiday-inpsired makeup looks. This is actually the makeup I’m wearing in my Drugstore Favourites & Giveaway video, which will be going up after this for Blogmas Day 15!
My entire makeup look was created with products from the drugstore!
To read my full review on the new Naked Smoky palette, click here! Or you can see my quick, soft neutral look!
With this look and my previous look, I wanted to show how versatile this palette is. For this look, I wanted to use the cooler tones of the palette.
This look was very quick and easy to create.
I started by blending “Password” into the crease as a transition shade. I applied “Slanted” all over the lid, with a splash of “Armor” over top. I added “Dagger” and “Blackmarket” in the outer corner and crease, blending it inwards to meet Slanted. I focused Blackmarket on the outer v of the crease, just deepening it slightly to add some dimension. I added “Thirteen” to the inner corner and browbone as a highlight! On the lower lash, I blended “Blackmarket” on the outer corner, “Dagger” in the middle, and faded it inwards with “Slanted.”
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade “Dark Brown”
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Concealer
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liquid Liner
- Benefit Rollerlash mascara
- Lise Watier Smokey Kohl Velours Liner – “Noir”
By now I’m sure you’ve heard of Urban Decay’s most recent palette launch – the Naked Smoky! You can read all about it and see swatches here!
Some of the negative feedback I’ve heard for this palette is usually something along the lines of “It’s great for a smoky eye….but what else can you do with it?” I wanted to create a quick and simple look to showcase that you can do more with this palette than just a dark, smoky eye.
A neutral/warm shimmery look is my favourite and go-to, especially when trying out a new product. It adds definition but still highlights the eye.
For this look, I started with blending “Combust” into the crease and below the brow bone as a transition shade. Then I blended “Whiskey” into the outer crease lightly. On the lid, I used my finger to apply “High” over the majority of the lid, meeting up with Whiskey but not really overlapping it. To blend the two shades, I applied “Radar”, starting at the outer corner and blending it inwards. I also added Whiskey to the lower lash line, using the smaller end of the brush to soften and blend. I applied “Thirteen” to the inner corner and the brow bone as a highlight shade. I finished with “Blackmarket” along my lash line to fake eyeliner!
This look is super quick and easy to create, and can be worn for all occasions! You can dress it up with a cat eye and false lashes, or apply less Whiskey to make it softer!
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in “Dark Brown.” (Please excuse my messy brows, I’m letting them grow and trying hard not to pluck!)
- Benefit Roller Lash Mascara
- Lise Watier Smokey Kohl Velours Liner – Nude
I also created this smoky bronze look, using the same palette! It’s super easy, and you can see a tutorial on it here!
One of my favourite looks for the summer is a warm, shimmery shadow with a peachy/pink lip.
For this look, I used:
- Mac “Soft Ochre” Paint Pot
- Mac “Wedge” shadow
- Mac “Tan” Pigment
- Mac “She Sparkles” Dazzle shadow
- Stila Smudge Stick “Damsel”
- Benefit Roller Lash mascara
- Quo false lashes
- Makeup Forever Step 1 Skin Equalizer Nourishing Primer
- Maybelline Fit Me Foundation mixed with L’Oreal Infallible foundation Pro-Matte Foundation
- Urban Decay Naked Skin concealer
- Cover FX Illuminating Setting powder
- Mac Mineralize Skin Finish Natural
- Urban Decay Naked Flushed Palette “Naked” for bronzer, soft contour, and blush
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed “Opal” with a bit of “Moonstone” over top
- Urban Decay Chill Setting Spray
- NYX “Nude” retractable lip liner
- Clinique “Melon Pop” Lip Colour + Primer
If you’ve read my previous posts, then you know how utterly obsessed I am with the Smashbox Crush On Blush Palette (you can read my full review with swatches here!)
For this post, I wanted to show how one palette can be used for both the eyes and the cheeks to create a soft yet glowy look.
I got the new Smashbox Double Exposure Palette a few months ago, and have been obsessed with it! For my full review of the palette, click here!
This is my go-to eye look: warm neutral tones, shimmer, and gradient blending. I like to create this look whenever I get new palettes/shadows, because it’s a look I’m so comfortable with that it works well as a method of testing out whether or not I like the new product.
It’s wearable glam that emphasizes the eyes, while keeping the face and lips more on the soft side. I like to use demi eyelashes, as they’re much easier to apply for my eye shape, and they help to elongate the eyes and give more of a flirty, cat-eye look.
Other products used:
- Smashbox 24 Hour Lid primer (my ABSOLUTE favourite eyelid primer)
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner
- Maybelline Pumped Up! Colossal Mascara
- Demi lashes (no name brand from eBay – full lashes cut in half)
- Lise Watier Smokey Kohl Velours Liner “Noirs Velours”
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in “Dark Brown”
- Vichy Dermablend foundation sheered out with Smashbox Photofinish primer
- Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer
- Smashbox Photofilter Powder Foundation
- Mac “Dame” blush
- NYX Dewy Finish Setting Spray
- Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Colour Precision Glide lipliner in “Ballet Blush”
- Mac “Angel” Lipstick
- NYX “Tiramisu” Butter Gloss
If you are a regular reader of my blog, this will likely not be the first time that you’ve heard me talk about Stila’s “In the Light” palette.
This palette is one of my absolute favourite makeup purchase of all time. It has without a doubt been my most-used palette so far! I typically gravitate towards “Kitten”, but for this makeup look I wanted to go for more of a gold smokey eye.
My current favourite colours from the palette are:
For this look I used:
- “Sandstone” in the crease as well as on the lower lash line
- “Ebony” to deepen the crease
- A little bit of “Gilded Gold” in the outer corner as a transition from the gold to brown/black
- “Brown Script” by MAC (I know, I know-it’s not from the Stila palette but it’s my favourite transition colour for smokey/brown looks
- “Bubbly” on the lid- I sprayed my brush with a bit of MAC Fix+ for more dramatic pigmentation
- MAC Penultimate liquid liner
- Ardell Lashes
- Lise Watier Black Kohl pencil in the waterline
This palette is the love of my life. It is such a beautiful, versatile palette and is a perfect addition to any makeup-lover’s kit!
For today’s makeup of the day, I thought I would start playing around with some different looks for springtime, despite the fact my city just received yet another snow fall. However, the sun is shining and I suspect that the snow will soon melt, and spring will finally arrive.
While my love for sweaters and boots will never falter, I do find myself being drawn towards spring trends like florals and pinks, and it’s really making me excited for warm weather! I must admit, I do miss maxi dresses and sandals.
The MAC Pro class that I went to last week really helped inspire me to start playing around with warm looks! I am absolutely loving glowy skin with a bit of a bronze glow.
To create this look, I used:
To get a bit more of a glow, I love using a highlighter. MAC’s Mineralized Skin Finishes are my favourite! I am currently loving “Perfect Topping”:
I wasn’t joking when I said that this was my new go-to look! The tape technique, which I briefly talk about in my tutorial for this look here, can be used to create so many different looks! I used the same products in this look as I did in my tutorial, I just kept it a bit softer and didn’t deepen the colours as much. And of course, I popped on some false lashes! I genuinely think falsies make such a huge difference. The lashes I’m wearing are Quo Glamour Lashes.
On the eyes:
On the lips:
Elizabeth Arden “Rose” lip liner & Mac “Lovelorn” lipstick
If you’d like to see how I created this look, make sure to check out my tutorial!
Check me out on Bloglovin! If you’re on Bloglovin too, leave me your links and I’d love to check out some of your blogs!