The Smashbox Holiday season recently hit stores, and I instantly knew I needed to write about it! They collaborated with Jen Stark, an L.A.-based artist to create the Smashbox Holidaze 2018 Collection. Known for her psychedelic, colourful, kaleidoscope drip art, the packaging features her gorgeous style. The name perfectly intertwines with the vibe of the collection, with “Holidaze” being a clever wordplay on the holiday season and hypnotic style of Jen Stark’s work.
I look forward to the Smashbox holiday collection every year because it’s always an assortment of amazing value sets and fun, unique packaging. This year’s packaging is no exception – look at how fun and unique it is!
Smashbox Holidaze Holiday 2018 Collection:
This year’s holiday collection includes:
- HOLIDAZE: CONTOUR + SPOTLIGHT PALETTE – ($49 CAD)
- HOLIDAZE: PHOTO FINISH TRAVEL PRIMER TRIO – ($28 CAD)
- HOLIDAZE: ALWAYS ON LIQUID LIP SET – ($36 CAD)
- HOLIDAZE: ARTIST BRUSH SET – ($49 CAD)
- HOLIDAZE: ALWAYS ON EYE LINER SET – ($49 CAD)
- HOLIDAZE: LASH + LINER SET– ($28 CAD)
- HOLIDAZE: BE LEGENDARY LIQUID METAL – ($28 CAD)
The Contour + Spotlight Palette is definitely the first product that caught my eye. It’s a huge contour palette with 9 shades – 4 contour/bronzes tones, and 5 highlight shades with a range of shimmer and satin textures. The packaging is sleek but large and flat. It’s not the most travel-friendly palette as it is large, but is a fantastic palette for makeup artists, or anyone wanting a full contour palette.
The brush sets are what I typically look forward to the most, they are high-quality brushes and such a good value! Last year’s set is one of my favourites to this day, and I use those brushes daily.
Smashbox Holidaze Lip Sets
The Always On Liquid lipstick set features 6 full sized liquid lipsticks in the shades:
• Miss Conduct (Deep/Warm Plum Matte)
• Stepping Out (Deep Nude Matte)
• Babe Alert (Nude Rose Matte)
• Maneater (Red Matte Metallic)
• XO, Vlada (Rose Gold Matte Metallic)
• Rust Fund (Copper Matte Metallic)
The Be Legendary Lipstick Set features 5 full sized lipsticks and a lip mattifier in the shades:
• Pretty Social (Nude Rose Cream)
• Honey (Sheer Chestnut Cream)
• Legendary (True Red Cream)
• 9 to 5 (Raspberry Cream)
• Deal Breaker (Deep Berry Cream)
There’s also a special edition metallic liquid lipstick in the shade “Crimson Chrome.”
For primer lovers, another honourable mention is the primer set that includes travel sizes of 3 primers:
• The Original Photo Finish Smooth + Blur Primer
• Photo Finish Primerizer
• Photo Finish Primer Water
I love getting sets like this for travel, but they’re also great if you are wanting to try the products without committing to the full sizes!
Overall I think this year’s collection is gorgeous and full of great products. I always advise people wait for the holidays as this tends to be the time for the best value sets! This year’s Smashbox Holiday range question is no exception – The Holidaze collection is unique and has something for everyone!
What’s on your radar this holiday season?
Check out my previous posts:
*This post is not sponsored in any way, and all opinions are my own. Some links may be affiliate links in which I can earn a small comission if you choose to purchase product through my links, at no extra cost to you!*