Amidst the whirlwind business of April, I completely forgot to post a review of last month’s brushes.
While May’s brushes arrived rather late this month, I didn’t want to miss another month’s review! Even though the deadline to get this month’s brushes usually falls on the 23rd of each month, you can subscribe any time and use the points you earn to get previous months brushes!
This month’s package includes 5 brushes from the gorgeous Gunmetal collection: 4 face brushes and 1 eye brush.
Here’s a breakdown of each brush:
- G1 Small Buffer: (synthetic bristles) this small, dense brush has a slightly rounded tip with shorter bristles that make it ideal for buffing all sorts of products. It’s firm and dense enough that it works great with creams and liquids, yet soft enough that you could also use it with powder. I LOVE using this brush to buff out concealer or cream contour.
- G40 Pro Detail Powder: (synthetic bristles) this brush is a tad more unique, and definitely one I needed in my brush collection. This brush has longer bristles that aren’t as densely packed, making it ideal for applying and blending powder products. It’s incredible for setting under eye concealer with powder, or for setting specific areas or hard to reach parts of the face – such as around the nose.
- G41 Pro Mini Contour: (synthetic bristles) this is perhaps my favorite brush from this months collection. It’s wide and flat, but much smaller than most brushes with a similar shape. It’s dense enough that it can pick up and blend powder or cream products, yet it’s also amazing for applying loose powder to “bake” with. This has been my go-to brush for contouring my nose lately! It’s small and thin enough that it creates a perfectly straight line to slim the nose.
- G38 Mini Round Contour: (synthetic bristles) a brush like this is – in my opinion – a must have for contour fanatics. It’s smaller, rounded and dense allowing tons of precision to sculpt the features. It’s not tiny, but smaller than an average buffing brush to allow you to be really precise with where you want to apply your contour. It’s also a great brush to contour the nose quickly due to its size.
- G19 Round Liner Contour: (synthetic bristles) this is a small liner/eye brush with a rounded tip, that is ideal for adding colour to the crease of the eye, or diffusing shadow beneath the lower lashline. You could use this for powder, cream, gel, etc! Morphe suggests using this for contouring the face too, which works well for creating precise contour lines with cream products. However, I personally didn’t like it for powder contour, as I found it too small to properly blend or diffuse. I love using it to apply a light shimmery shade to the inner corners of my eye for a highlight though!
I love the quality and durability of the Gunmetal brushes, they feel so luxurious!
As always, if you’re interested in joining the subscription you get a free brush if you join here!