For the 5th day of Blogmas, I thought I would include a makeup look that I created recently using some of the ColourPop shadows I got in my recent haul! You can see all the products I got, and my reviews of them here!
Red and orange tones are very in this season, as seen in many new palettes such as the Huda Beauty Rose Gold palette and the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance palette.
Tones like this can seem a little intimidating, but when used sparingly they add a really gorgeous warm pop to the eyes! If you have hazel eyes like I do, they will also make your eyes appear more green! If you’re wanting to branch into using more red, oranges, and pinks, I think the key is to use them in moderation. A more neutral shimmery shade on the lid, mixed with the reddish tones in the outer corner or in the crease can be a nice middle-ground!
On the eyes:
- Lise Watier CC Eyeshadow Primer
- ColourPop “Weenie” (inner part of lid), “Muse” (middle of lid, blended into outer corner), “Paradox” (in outer corner and a little bit in the crease), “Shop” and “Tang” (blended into the crease)
- Maybelline Master Precise Skinny Eyeliner in black
- Kiss #11 False Lashes
- Lise Watier Velours eyeliner in “Brun Velours”
- NYX Micro Brow Pencil “Dark Brown”
- Anastasia Beverly Hills clear brow gel
On the face:
- Cover FX Anti-Aging Primer
- Urban Decay All Nighter foundation mixed with IT Cosmetics CC + foundation (gives me full coverage and all day wear, while being more hydrating and comfortable!)
- Kat Von D Lock It Concealer
- Pür 4 in 1 Pressed Mineral Powder
- Kat Von D Shade & Light Contour Palette
- Lise Watier Arabesque Illuminating trio highlighter
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush Palette (Holiday 2016) “Icon” mixed with “Concept”
On the lips:
- Kylie Cosmetics “Candy K” lip liner
- ColourPop “Alyssa” Ultra Satin Lip, with “Bestie” Ultra Glossy lip over top
Previous Blogmas Posts: