Tarte launched this stunning highlighting palette as part of their Rainforest of the Sea spring/summer 2016 collection. It launched to the public at the end of February, and in stores March 8th-14th.
The giant collection features:
- Rainforest of the Sea eyeshadow palette
- Skin Twinkle Lighting Palette
- Wipeout Color-Correcting palette
- 12 shades of the Drench Lip Splash lipstick
- Quench Lip Rescue balm
- Quench and Drench lip set
- Lip Saver Treatment primer
- So Fine Micro Liner
- Rainforest of the Sea Water foundation
- Rainforest of the Sea Aqua concealer
- 5 brushes
- Deep Dive Cleansing Gel
- Drink of H20 Hydrating Boost
- Marine Boosting Mist
- Make Splash Hydrating Skin Savers
There were lots of great products in this collection, however my favourite by far was the Skin Twinkle Lighting palette! I heard some mixed reviews, but I think it’s a fantastic highlighting palette!
It includes 3 shades:
- Sunlight: (left) a shimmery, pale gold with yellow undertones. It’s lightly frosted, and initially swatches a little dusty but blends beautifully on the skin. It doesn’t appear chalky on the skin whatsoever. This shade is definitely the smoothest of the 3 shades!
- Filtered light: (middle) this is described as a matte, light yellow-beige setting powder. This particular shade received horrible reviews, and many think the formula was some sort of manufacturing error. It does swatch very dry, with a formula I’ve never experienced before. It feels stiff, almost like sandpaper or rice paper. It really doesn’t know up much on the skin, especially for a swatch. However I really don’t hate this shade like most people seem to. I actually find it works pretty well for a very lightweight setting powder. My under eye area is very dry, so I hate using powder to set as most are too heavy. This one is thin and light enough that it does a decent job of setting without adding too much product!
- Moonlight: (right)a pale (though slightly darker than Sunlight) shimmer with a cooler, more pinky-peach tone. It reminds me a little of Becca’s “Opal” Shimmering Skin Perfector, except Moonlight is paler.
The textures of Sunlight and Moonlight are both super smooth and creamy. They give a gorgeous sheen to the skin, without appearing too sparkly or glittery. The shimmer particles are ultra-fine, so it doesn’t appear blotchy or patchy on the skin. It is very easy to break these however, due to the soft nature of their formula. I find they blend beautifully on the skin, and give you such a gorgeous glow. A soft application gives you a beautiful “lit from within” glow, without looking like a sparkly disco ball.
Have you tried this palette? What are your thoughts on it?