For a Valentines Day look, I wanted to do something a little different than the typical shimmery, pink-toned trend. While I do love pink-toned makeup looks, I was just in the mood for something a little different – and I admit, I was itching to create a look with the Morphe 35O palette (which you can read a full review of here! ) as well as the new Morphe single shadows I got recently.
I went for a warmer, gold shimmery look and paired it with a soft pinky-nude lip! Some may think that gold is a holiday look – I however think anytime is a good time for gold (I’m kind of like Smaug from the Hobbit in that regard.)
For the eyes, the shadows used were all from Morphe.
- Mac “Soft Ochre” Paint Pot to prime
- Morphe 35O Palette:
- Morphe “Perfection” single shadow on the inner corner and browbone to highlight – this may just be my new favourite colour to highlight the eyes with!
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liquid Liner “Trooper”
- Benefit Roller Lash Mascara
- Ardell Demi Wispies false lashes
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow in “Dark Brown” on the brows
- Smashbox Primer Water
- Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation mixed with Vichy Dermablend foundation (this adds some extra coverage!)
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer to conceal under the eyes
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer to conceal blemishes/spots
- Maybelline Fit Me Powder
- Kat Von D Shade & Light Contour palette
- Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Powder #01 to highlight
- Lancome “Rose Fresque” Blush mixed with https://amzn.to/2Jc9UKcMilani “Luminoso” Blush
- Mac “Subculture” Lip Liner
- Gerard Cosmetics “Buttercup” lipstick
- NYX Butter Gloss in “Eclair” over top
I hope everyone has a great Valentines Day! And if you’re single like I am, don’t worry! Use the money you could spend on a significant other, and treat yourself to some makeup goodies!