Mac launched their holiday collection in most stores yesterday (Thursday, October 22nd, 2015). The “Magic of the Night”. I know what you’re thinking – yes, it does seem early for a holiday collection, especially considering it’s not even Halloween yet! But that’s Mac for you – always on top of the trends, and way ahead of every season!
This collection features bold, deep tones with gorgeous shimmer. It’s inspired by an “enchanted evening” full of dazzling magic. It’s shimmery, metallic, deep, and smoky.
The collection features:
- 5 Colourdrenched Pressed Pigments: “Night Thrill” (bright gold), “Ascent of Glamour” (a bluish-violet), “Moon Is Blue” (bold, royal blue), “Tonight’s The Night” (a dark teal), “Blackened Blue” (a blackish-blue). These are PHENOMENAL. They’re a shimmery pressed pigment with intense colour payoff and a “pearlized, glistening” frosted finish. They can be applied dry (fingers work best for the most pigmentation) or with a brush dampened with some Mac Fix +
- 2 Pearlglide Intense Eyeliners: “Petrol Blue” (dark blue) and “Black Swan” (black with bluish sparkles). These are a super rich, creamy formula that is very blendable and has a sparkling, shimmery finish. (These are not recommended for the waterline as they contain sparkles which could potentially scratch the eye!)
- 4 Lipsticks: “Please Me” (a rose-pink with subtle blue undertones and a matte finish), “All Fired Up” (bright fuschia with a retro matte finish), “Evening Rendezvous” (deep purplish-red/berry with a matte finish) and “Dark Side” (deep burgundy with an amplified finish). All shades are permanent except “Evening Rendezvous.” Although the packaging is of course limited edition!
- 2 Lip pencils – “Redd” (classic red), and “Nightmoth” (a dark, blackish plum)
- 2 In Extra Dimension Skin Finish: “Oh Darling” (described as a metallic gold) and “Shaft of Gold” (deeper bronze shade) “Oh Darling” was the most anticipated shade, as many compared it to Whisper of Gilt. They are similar, however “Oh Darling” is a slightly deeper gold. “Shaft of Gold” is a beautiful highlight for deeper skin tones, and would be a gorgeous (yet very shimmery) bronzer for fairer skin tones.
Mac also launched the Enchanted Eve collection to coincide with this collection, which features their eye, lip, face, and eye & lips holiday sets.
I have been anticipating this collection for months. The packaging is stunning – a reflective, shiny design with shades of deep blue and purple. It’s perfect for a holiday collection! Overall, I think this is a beautiful collection, however I do wish there was more. I personally think it’s small for a new colour collection. I wish they had a blush, or some newer lipsticks rather than 3/4 being permanent. It also infuriates me that MAC is making less and less collections available with pro discount. I would have purchased so much more! Do they forget that we pay annually for our discount…?
The stars of the collection were definitely the “Oh Darling” Skin Finish, and Colourdrenched Pressed Pigments!
I picked up the “Oh Darling” Skin finish, “Evening Rendezvous” lipstick, and “Night Thrill” Colourdrenched Pressed Pigment! I would have liked to pick up more of the pigments, but knew that realistically I just wouldn’t use the other colours as they’re all blue tones!