You can read about the collection as well as my thoughts on it here! There were some definite hits, and some unfortunate misses for me.
The items I couldn’t resist were:
- MACnificent Me Eyeshadow Palette x9 – this limited edition palette immediately caught my eye. Normally I ignore the mini shadow palettes due to the overwhelming amount of eyeshadows that I already own. However as soon as I swatched this, I knew it needed to come home with me. It’s such a gorgeous range of neutral shades, with a couple pops of pinks and shimmer. I think this palette is perfect to travel with and will undoubtedly be joining me on any future travel adventures!
- “Burnt Pepper” Blush – even though this is a permanent item, I couldn’t leave without this blush. It’s described as a warm terracotta, but looks different on different skintones and in different lighting. On me it seems to bring out slightly more pink tones, despite it’s warmer undertone. This is a stunning blush for fall, and perfect to pair with a warm, mauvey-brown lip that’s so on trend right now!
- “Stroke My Ego” Paint Pot – I personally think this is the most gorgeous paint pot out of the entire collection. It’s a rich silver-taupe with a pearlescent shimmer.
- “Everyone’s Darling” Eyeshadow – this is a deep, reddish cranberry with a brown undertone and a matte finish. It has a slightly dry/stiff texture at first, but does blend out nicely with a brush. Both this shade and “Cheer Me On” make such perfect additions to a fall-themed eyeshadow palette! And no, you definitely cannot have enough warm toned eyeshadows!
- “Cheer Me On” Eyeshadow – this is a bright orange with warm undertones and a matte finish. It has the same slightly thin texture as “Everyone’s Darling,” but also blends out well with a brush. These two shades definitely require a primer to make them look as pigmented as possible. It’s not that they’re thin or poorly pigmented, but rather the texture is a bit stiffer.
- “Personal Pick” Mattene Lipstick – described as a mid-toned rose with cool undertones, this is my favourite shade from the line. It has a semi-matte texture in the sense that it is matte, but it’s not flat or dry. It has a tiny bit of a sheen that looks gorgeous on the lips.
- “Own The Look” Mattene Lipstick – this is a medium purple with warmer undertones and a very slight pearlescent sheen. It is still a mostly matte finish like “Personal Pick” but it’s violet sheen is so subtle that it’s really only noticeable when it catches the light. All of the Mattenes have such a smooth and velvety texture. I really wish they would launch more colours!