Working in cosmetics has many perks – one of which happens to be finding out which products are being discontinued, reformulated, repackaged, or phased out (here in Canada, at least! It may vary depending on the country.) I thought I’d put a list together to give you drugstore beauty lovers a heads up!
So far it’s not 100% certain whether all of these products are being fully discontinued, or if they are being changed (repackaged, reformulated, etc!) but these products are likely going to be pulled from stores, or put on clearance!
- L’Oreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions Mascara: Quite surprised with this one – I always thought this mascara sold well!
- L’Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow: The shades Forever Pink, Infinite Sky, and Time Resist White are phasing out. While this definitely saddens me, it means room for new beautiful shades!
- L’Oreal Le Gloss: The colours that are for sure being phased out are: Chocolate Obsession, Red Ravishing, Plum Rush.
- L’Oreal Infallible Glosses: mostly all of the shades seem to be marked down in price to be cleared out!
- L’Oreal Color Riche Lipstick: Golden Splendor, Pink Flamingo, Fresh As A Rose, Miss Magenta, Raspberry Rush. I’m a little surprised, as these are mostly all gorgeous shades that seem to sell really well. Whether they’re discontinued or being repackaged, etc, remains to be seen!
- L’Oreal Color Riche Anti-Aging Serum lipsticks: So far it looks like the colours Pearly Praline, Freshly Candy, Freshly Rosy, Light Chocolate, and Bright Burgundy are being pulled. It’s not clear yet if the entire line is being discontinued, or if they are perhaps being revamped.
- Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipsticks: Coral Brittania (supposedly), Mayfair Red Lady, Nottinghill Nude, Oxford Street Fuschia, and Picadilly Pink. I am very surprised that these are being removed, especially since they’re one of Rimmel’s most recent lip launches. They’re all so pretty too! I certainly hope it’s just a few colours and not the whole line!
- Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick (Kate collection): So far we’ve got a couple of these marked down for clearance, especially Kate 113
- Rimmel Apocalips Lip Laquer: It looks like almost all of these are on clearout, unfortunately. For sure the shades Aurora, Big Bang, Celestial, Galaxy, Light Year, Nova, Out of World, Phenomenon, Solstice, Stargazer, Stellar.
- Rimmel Glam Shadow Quads: in the colours Afternoon Tea, Brick Lane, Diamond Jubilee, Royal Tea, Beauty Spells, State of Grace. Again, it’s not yet clear if all of these are on their way out, but keep an eye out for these colours, they may be on clearance!
- Maybelline Superstay 24 Hr Colour: quite a few of these are being cleared out and are completely out of stock. They haven’t been able to be restocked in quite some time – usually a good indication that a product is being discontinued/revamped!
- Maybelline Color Sensational Gloss: it appears to be almost all the colours on clearance!
- Maybelline Eye Studio Master Drama: in the shade “Bold Brown”
- Maybelline Eye Studio Master Duo 2-In-1 Glossy Liquid liner – in the shades Glossy Teal, and Violet Lustre (so far)
- Maybelline Age Rewind The Lifter foundation– appears to be most shades
- Maybelline Volume Express Mega Plush Feathers mascara
- Maybelline Dream Wonderskin Powder – 4 shades currently, it’s not certain yet if they’re all on their way out.
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipglosses– Berry Allure, Fuschia Finery, Kiss Me Coral, and Raisin. I’m definitely sad to see these go, I love these glosses! I hope it’s only these shades and not the full line!
- Almay Clear Complexion Makeup- so far at least 6 shades are listed for being phased out.
What are your thoughts on some of these products? Are you sad to see them go, or happy and hopeful for new & improved products?