Smashbox recently launched their Crush On Blush Palette (initially exclusive to Smashbox.com, Shoppers Drug Mart, and Murale).
I have been eagerly awaiting this launch since attending a Smashbox training seminar a few months ago. It was supposed to be launched in March at Shopper’s Drug Mart, however it wasn’t received or released here until this month. I popped in to my locale Murale store and bought one before they even put it out on display!
This limited edition blush palette is absolutely incredible!
It retails for $45, and is valued at $134!
It features six shades: 1 highlighter, 1 bronzer, and 4 blushes.
- The Highlight: Soft Lights “Shimmer” (permanent). This is a STUNNING beige/champagne toned highlight with micro-fine shimmer. It’s more shimmery than sparkly, and creates a phenomenal highlight.
- The Bronzer: Bronze Lights in “Sun Tan” (a new permanent release). This is a gorgeous neutral toned, light bronzer. It’s very soft and natural, has no shine or shimmer, and would be excellent for fair skins that have difficulty finding a natural looking bronzer.
- “Warm Apricot”: This is a peachy apricot with golden/copper shimmer. The shimmer is very natural looking, and creates a beautiful glow.
- “Guava”: This is a mid-tone deeper peachy- pink. It’s more of a satin finish, and works especially well on medium to deeper skin tones!
- “Rosy”- This is a deeper, dusty pink with reddish/plum undertones. It has a subtle sparkle (the sparkle doesn’t really show, it just reflects light beautifully!) This shade also looks stunning on medium and deeper skin tones!
- “Rosette”- This is my personal favourite shade! It’s a light, cool-toned pink that sort of reminds me of Mac’s “Dame” or “Rose Fresque” by Lancome. This type of a colour is always my go-to for a fresh, spring look. This colour looks so gorgeous on fair skin tones!
Here are some swatches: (swatched with fingers)
“Guava” photograpphed more orange that it really is – I promise it doesn’t look that orange in person!
Tip: a little goes a long way. This blush is so pigmented and so finely-milled that you really only need a quick dip in the product- don’t swirl your brush, it will make a mess!
Bottomline: This palette is incredible. It has quickly become my favourite blush product, and I’ve been using it every day since getting it! It’s worth every penny, and is perfect for travelling, makeup artists, or beauty lovers looking to build their kit/collections!