Whether you celebrate the “traditional” religious meaning of Easter or not, I’ve always thought that Easter is a time of celebration. Celebrating life, family, and friends. Much like how Christmas is no longer simply a holiday for Christians, Easter has grown into a widespread celebration amongst many cultures throughout the world.
To me, Easter has always been a time of happiness. When I think of Easter, I think of waking up in the morning, going on an easter egg hunt that my mother so lovingly put together during the late hours of the night, chocolate, candy, and best of all, spending time with my family. I think of my family gathered around the table, eating mashed potatoes and turkey, and enjoying one another’s company. And while Easter this year will not be the same without my grandma, I know it would make her so happy to see all the family together to celebrate Easter, and her life.
Easter also reminds me that Spring is here – pastel colours, pretty flowers, and the promise of sunshine…even though it’s currently snowing in my city as I write this.
My Easter beauty selections:
- Stila “In The Moment” Eyeshadow palette (sadly discontinued – I know, it breaks my heart too.)
- Gerard Cosmetics “Buttercream” Lip Gloss (Jacyln Hill Collection): my current favourite lip gloss! It’s the perfect pink-toned nude, and is so opaque and creamy.
- MAC “Kelly Yum Yum” Lipstick (Osbourne Collection): A gorgeous vivid neon pink lipstick with a satin finish. But I’ll be honest here, I mostly love it for the adorable packaging!
- MAC “Bouffant” Eyeshadow from the new “MAC Is Beauty” Spring Collection (post on that coming soon!): This is a gorgeous light, shimmery beige-toned pink with a veluxe pearl finish.
- MAC “Fashion Scoop” Cremesheen Glass: this is a gorgeous light pink gloss wtih micro-fine sparkles. It feels beautiful on the lips, and isn’t overly sticky. This is a permanent product that is re-promoted in the “Mac Is Beauty” collection.
- Essie “Perennial Chic” Nail Polish: This is from the new spring collection, and has instantly captured my heart. It’s a gorgeous pale peachy pink-toned nude, and is perfect for the spring season.
- Guerlain Aquarella Meteorites: The Meteorites are quite possibly one of my favourite beauty items to photograph. I mean sure, they are wonderful products to use on the face, but look how pretty they are! These ones are from the Aquarella 2014 collection, and have a combination of sparkling white, shimmering gold, light pink, and light aquatic green shades to enhance, highlight, and balance the skin tone.