The sun is shining, the sky is blue, and birds are chirping. Spring is in the air – well, sort of. There may still be some snow on the ground, and the temperature may only be 6 degrees, but after 4+ months of chilly winter, I will take any hope of warmth that I can get.
Working in the cosmetic industry always gets me excited for the changing of seasons – new colours, new products, and new techniques.
While I had eagerly looked forward to cool tones and dark lips for winter, I now find myself itching to use corals, pinks, peaches, and bronzes.
Shopping through my makeup collection, I decided to put together a post on products/ colours I am most excited to use for this upcoming spring/summer season!
Peaches, pinks and corals for spring? Utterly groundbreaking, I know.
I don’t care if these colours are cliché or predictable – to me, they are the epitome of Spring.
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette
- Mac “Hi Jinks!” Casual Lip & Cheek Colour
- Clinique Chubby Stick for Cheeks “Amp’d Up Apple”
- Clinique Cheek Pop Blush in “Peach Pop”
- Mac Ombre Blush in “Ocean City” from the Proenza Schouler collection (limited edition)
- Clarins new Instant Light Natural Lip Balm Perfector in “#01 Rose”
- Maybelline Color Whisper in “Pin Up Peach”
- Nyx Butter Gloss in “Maple Blondie”
- Gerard Cosmetics Lipgloss in “Buttercream”
What are your favourite products to use for Spring?