I still haven’t processed the fact that summer has ended, let alone that it’s already December?! It truly feels as though each month is passing by faster than the previous.
Sadly November flew by in whirlwind of business with school and work, and I didn’t get to do nearly as much fall-related posts as I had hoped, but the end of November does mean the beginning of the Christmas season – which happens to be my favourite season of the year!
My makeup for the month of November has been pretty basic – lately my skin has been breaking out like crazy, and when I’m experiencing problems with acne or breakouts, I like to keep it more soft and simple.
- Stila Eyes Are the Window Palette in “Mind”: I have been absolutely OBSESSED with this palette all month! Actually, I suppose it would be more accurate to say that I’ve been obsessed with these palettes since they launched. Stila recently launched 4 gorgeous palettes as part of their 20th Anniversary Collection! “Mind” is a stunning palette with 12 neutral matte shades. I recommend this to every girl out there looking to build her kit. This palette will compliment any other palette you have!
- Stila Magnificent Metals Dual-Ended Eye Liner Applicator #36: I have had an extremely hard time trying to find a good brush to use with gel liner – until now, that is. This brush is amazing for gel liner! While it is typically sold to be used with the Magnificent Metals shadow by Stila, I have been using it with all gel liners. Normal brushes tend to be messy, as the gel can get clumped in the bristles, which then fan out and mess up your liner. This brush eliminates that, because it’s all rubber! I use the flat end to line along the lash line, and then the pointier end to create the wing. I don’t know what I was doing with my life before this brush. Goodbye messy and frustrating liquid liner, and hello easy gel!
- Lise Watier Celestial Light Powder: this is the third time that I’ve written about this highlighter in the last month. I am head over heels in love with it. You can read all about it here.
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder Palette: If you haven’t heard of this, you might be living under a rock. The Ambient line from Hourglass has been all over the blogosphere lately. Everyone has been raving about this palette, which features 3 powders: “Dim Light” which is a neutral soft tone (great for setting under eye concealer!) “Incandescent Light” which is exclusive to this palette and works beautifully as a natural-looking highlight, and “Radiant Light” which is a soft bronze-tone. The textures are so finely-milled that they look so gorgeous and natural on the skin. This palette is truly phenomenal! It’s also gluten free, paraben free, fragrance free, and talc free!
- Bite Cosmetics Agave Lip Mask: I have suffered with extremely dry and chapped lips for a long time (thank you breathing issues and dry, freezing climate!) As a makeup lover, this is hugely problematic. Lipstick just doesn’t look the same on chapped, cracking lips. This lip mask has been an absolute lip-saver. It’s 99% natural, and is jam-packed with amazing moisturizing ingredients. I use it at night, as it is a very thick consistency, and in the morning my lips are soft and hydrated. Seriously. This stuff is INCREDIBLE.
- Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask: I picked up the Origins mini masks from Sephora during the VIB sale. I had heard a ton of good things about them, and was really interested since I find it so hard to find face masks that are fragrance free. I am so completely impressed with this overnight moisture mask. Not only did my face feel amazing the next day, I’ve noticed that my acne has dramatically improved in the last couple of weeks since using it! I’m not claiming that it’s a cure for acne, but it’s definitely been a huge help in healing and balancing my crazy skin.
What were some of your favourite products in November?