I am genuinely shocked to be doing a summer favourites post already. I swear the school semester just ended, and the possibilities of my free summer months seemed wonderful. Yet suddenly it’s September 13th, and I’ve already been in school for two weeks.
To be honest, I’m not entirely sure where the summer went. I wish I could look back on this summer with a feeling of wistful accomplishment, but my summer seemed to fly by with little to show for it. It consisted mainly of working, and lying on the couch in my pyjamas. Also Netlfix. Lots and lots of Netflix.
On the plus side, one thing I did do a lot of this summer was shopping. And I mean a lot. Something about shopping for makeup always boosts my mood, no matter how bad of a day I’m having.
Since I was trying so many different products throughout the last couple of months, rather than doing an individual monthly favourites, I thought I would combine my favourites into one big summer favourites post!
- The Stila “In The Light” Palette: this palette has pretty much been the love of my life for months now. It has been my most used and most loved (sorry, Urban Decay, but I’ve found a new obsession). My favourite colours have been “Kitten”, “Bliss”, and “Bubbly”
- MAC “Lorelei” Extra Dimension Eyeshadow: this is such a gorgeous shimmery, peach-toned beige (you can read my full review on it-and the MAC Alluring Aquatic Collection here)
- MAC “Wedge” eyeshadow: this is the perfect soft, neutral brown. It’s light enough for a subtle everyday look! I love it to add a bit of definition to my eyes on light makeup days!
- L’Oreal Infallible “Amber Rush” eye shadow: I have talked about this eyeshadow so many times this summer on my blog as well as my instagram. It is an absolutely stunning warm, shimmery amber. You can read all about it here!
- Maybelline Pumped Up! Colossal Mascara: I am so pleasantly impressed with this mascara. It really lengthens and volumizes the lashes, and it’s one of the few mascaras that I can wear by itself without feeling naked! My only complaint with it is that it seems (to me, at least) that it dries out quite quickly in the tube. Otherwise, I love this mascara!
- Rimmel Colour Rush Intense Colour Balm in #100 “Give Me A Cuddle”: I picked up one of these when they went on sale, and instantly became obsessed. They are so nicely hydrating and pigmented, and best of all-they smell like cake. I know smelling like cake isn’t exactly a major feature that one looks for when buying lip products, buuuut it certainly makes it that much lovelier.
- Nyx Butter Glosses in “Tiramisu” and “Maple Blondie”: These have been my absolute biggest obsessions of the summer. They are without a doubt my absolute favourite lip glosses. Pigmented, buttery, moisturizing, and not overly sticky. They feel so absolutely beautiful on the lips. I honestly cannot say enough good things about these! I will be doing a full post on these soon!
- L’Oreal “Peach Fuzz” Lipstick: This is such a flattering peach-the perfect combination of warm peach, without being too orange. It has a subtle shimmer to it that appears as more of a sheen.
Here are some swatches:
- Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation: This is a gorgeous lightweight foundation with a dewey finish. It’s rather a liquidy fluid in texture, making it extremely easy to use. This is a bit better for dry to normal skin, however. If you’ve got more oily skin then you might not love it so much as it can get quite shiny. It’s light coverage, and is a perfect example of a “your skin, but better” foundation
- Revlon Bronze Photoready Skinlights: This summer was a summer of self tanning for me, and so I struggled to make my foundations match. I picked up this product as it went on sale at a drug store, and I love it! It’s perfect for mixing with your foundation to add some bronze, glow, and colour-the more you add, the more colour you’ll get!
- Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer: This has been a cult favourite concealer for quite some time. I was in search for a new highlighting concealer, and finally decided to buy it a couple of months ago! I have been loving it-it blends well, really helps to brighten, and camouflages dark under eye circles. (Tip: If you’ve got extremely dry or crepey under-eye areas, you’ll definitely want to moisturize well, as this concealer can stick to dryness)
- Clinique Chubby Stick for Cheeks in “Robust Rhubarb”: I could hardly contain my excitement when Clinique released these-as a huge fan of the Chubby Sticks for lips & eyes, I was really hoping they would create one for the cheeks-and they did not disappoint! These are really easy and convenient cream stick blushes-pigmented, yet they blend so wonderfully & easily. This colour is a gorgeous peach!
- MAC “Refresh” Mineralize Skin Finish from the Sharon Osbourne Collection: this is such a gorgeous bronzer for that perfect subtle summer bronze. It looks so natural, and the subtle sheen helps give the skin a soft and healthy glow.
- Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in “Beige”: I had heard so many people raving about this as a highlighter, but was so skeptical as I thought it just looked too much like a shimmery eyeshadow. Then I swatched it in Sephora, and instantly fell in love. It is SUCH a beautiful highlighter, and the different colours offer a lot of versatility to highlight on different skin tones.
- Maybelline Fit Me Powder: up until recently, I have not been a fan of powders. As my skin has been a tad more on the oily side lately, I picked up this powder when it went on sale. I am so impressed with it, especially since it’s a drug store product. It’s a lovely powder, and looks so nice and natural. It’s perfect for adding a bit more coverage to the skin, while still looking light and blending seamlessly into the skin.
- MAC “Petal Power” Blush: this has been a favourite of mine for quite a while now. It’s the perfect summer blush-peachy, with gold shimmer. It flatters so many different skin tones, and I definitely think it’s a must-have for summer makeup!
- La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water: This was an absolute blessing this summer. This thermal water is full of vitamins and has so many benefits, such as soothing, calming, and hydrating, and also feels heavenly during those hot summer days. Tip: You can keep this in the fridge to mist yourself with cool spring water during the hottest summer days! It is so wonderfully refreshing!
- Marcelle Clay Mask: My skin has been all over the place recently, and has been oily for the first time in pretty much ever for me. I have been loving Marcelle Skincare lately, as it’s mostly all fragrance free paraben free, and is great for sensitive skin. This clay mask has become an absolute favourite for me-it helps draw out impurities, but isn’t overly drying!
- Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief: I typically use the Intense version of this product, but since my skin has been so oily, I’ve opted for the lighter gel formula. It’s moisturizing, yet light, and gives a nice satin finish to the skin.
What were some of your favourite products for the summer?