I was recently nominated for the “One Lovely Blog Award” by the lovely Katie of Plus+Beauty! This is so exciting, as it’s one of the first blog nominations I’ve received! Thank you SO much Katie! I’m truly honoured and it warms my heart to know that you enjoy my posts enough to nominate me!
I started blogging because I love to write, and I love makeup & beauty. I really had no idea that people would actually read-much less enjoy-what I wrote. I am continuously amazed by the amount of support and love amongst the blogging community.
1. You must thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
2. You must list the rules and display the award.
3. You must add 7 facts about yourself.
4. You must nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on one of their posts to let them know they have been nominated
5. You must display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you.
7 Facts About Me
- I’m a certified makeup artist, and work at a Shopper’s Beauty Boutique! I’ve been trained in both makeup application and skin care, with several different brands. I feel truly lucky to be able work with so many different brands and companies; it’s helped me to learn so much and to grow as an artist and makeup lover!
- I am a huge sci-fi/fantasy lover. Doctor Who, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Sherlock, and Supernatural shall always be my favourites.
- My favourite stores include Sephora, MAC, Shopper’s Drug Mart, Murale, H&M, Forever 21, Zara, and Chapters.
- Some of my favourite brands include: MAC, Stila, Lise Watier, Clinique, Urban Decay, Revlon, and L’Oreal (to name a few)
- I’m a university student, working on my Bachelor of Arts degree! I’m hoping to major in English and (possibly) minor in Sociology.
- I have a youtube channel! My father owns a videography business, and growing up around cameras and video equipment gave me a huge passion for making & editing videos. I’ve always wanted to start a youtube channel, and I finally did! Making videos is something I truly love, and hope to do a lot more of in the future!
- Makeup has helped me to cope and overcome a lot of problems in my life. In high school I struggled severely with insecurity, and channelling makeup as an art and form of creative expression guided me to create this blog-now I can’t imagine my life without it!
There are so many lovely bloggers out there, I definitely had a hard time choosing! Here are some of my favourites, and some of the wonderful bloggers that I interact with the most:
Live beautifully and prosper, my fellow makeup geeks!