June has absolutely flown by-even faster than the previous months, if that’s even possible. It feels as though it was only yesterday that I was sitting in class bundled up in a sweater and scarves. Then suddenly I blinked, and it’s 30 degrees (celsius) outside. I’ll be honest-I don’t much like the heat. Most people gasp when they hear that I typically prefer the winter.
Perhaps it’s because I’m a February baby, but I feel the most comfortable in cardigans, scarves, and boots. Don’t get me wrong, I love the summer…in theory. The sunshine, barbecues, sitting on the patio at restaurants, and vacations. However, I don’t like stepping outside and feeling as if I’ve stepped into a vat of lava.
Now, what I do love about summer is summer makeup & beauty. Something about bronzes, corals, peaches, pinks, and dewy skin helps me to enjoy the summer a teensy bit more.
My favourite beauty products for the month of june were:
I have been utterly obsessed with bronze tones this season, and these two shadows have been perfect for creating that warm, bronzey look!
- L’Oreal Infallible 24 Hour Shadow in “Amber Rush”: This is the most gorgeous warm-toned ambery bronze. It’s a metallic finish that catches the light beautifully! These shadows are my absolute favourite, they are so pigmented and last all day.
- Mac Alluring Aquatic Shadow in “Lorelei”: this is a gorgeous shimmery golden-beige. It’s much more neutral-toned, and can be worn softly for an everyday look, or built up for more drama.
- Lise Watier 24 Hour Glam Mascara: This is an all-around great mascara-it lengthens and separates while looking natural.
- NYC Liquid Liner: I have heard so many beauty gurus talk about this liner, and as it is SO cheap I decided to give it a try. At first I wasn’t too pleased with it as I found it quite messy to work with. But after more practice I have definitely grown to love it! It’s really black and opaque. Such a steal for the price! I definitely recommend using slow and careful strokes though, as the applicator brush can be a bit messy.
- Mac Sheertone Shimmer Blush in “Springsheen“: this is one of my absolute favourite blushes for the summer time. It’s a gorgeously warm beige-toned peach with very fine gold shimmer. This blush is perfect for light makeup days or when you’re on the go, as it has a gorgeous highlight built-in and adds such a beautiful glow to the skin.
- Mac “Refined Golden” Bronzing Powder: This shade is a permanent shade, but the packaging is limited edition from the Alluring Aquatic collection. This has been my go-to bronzer lately. Mac describes it as a “finely spun golden with soft pearl”. It’s a soft bronzer that can easily be built up to your preference!
- The Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit: I have been dying to get my hands on this since it launched, but it has been sold out everytime! I finally got it, and have been absolutely in love with it all month. It comes with 6 contour/highlight colours, and the textures are so wonderful. I’ve been using “Fawn” the most, which is the middle contour shade. I will be doing a full review on this soon!
- Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Skin Perfecting Makeup: this was in one of my favourites posts last year, and then I sort of forgot about it as I got caught up trying other foundations. As the weather has changed and I feel myself in need of a lightweight foundation, I was instantly drawn back to this one. I have tried dozens of foundations in the past year, and not one has compared. It’s lightweight-fluid texture is so easy to work with, yet it provides surprisingly amazing coverage. It’s one of those “your skin, but better” foundations and is comfortable to wear all day long. I use the colour 30 beige as I am a bit more tanned now.
- Mac “Subculture” Lip pencil: This has been my go-to liner pretty much everyday. My natural lips are quite uneven and undefined, so finding a good neutral liner has been very important. It’s a neutral beige-pink that blends quite well with my natural lips and is perfect for adding some extra definition.
- L’Oréal Colour Riche Lipstick in “Peach Fuzz”: This has been my go-to lipstick to pair with the Subculture liner. It’s a GORGEOUS beige-peach with a bit of a gold sheen to it. If you’re quite fair or have olive-toned skin and have trouble finding a good soft peach, this one is perfect.
- Nyx Butter Gloss in “Maple Blondie”: to complete my go-to summer lip look, I add this NYX Butter gloss over top of “Subculture” and “Peach Fuzz”. I have been absolutely obsessed with these glosses. They are without a doubt my current favourite-creamy, pigmented, moisturizing, and not overly sticky. This colour is a brighter coral-toned pink
- Marcelle Clay Mask: My skin has recently been going through a lot of changes, and has been fluctuating between combination and oily. In order to try and get it under control, I’ve been using this clay mask about once a week. This is definitely my favourite clay mask, as it’s paraben free, perfume free, and hypo-allergenic. If you’ve got sensitive skin like me, this is perfect as it won’t irritate your skin like so many clay masks out there do.
- Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief: The entire Moisture Surge line is absolutely amazing. Clinique describes it as “life-changing moisture,” and it truly is. I typically use the “Moisture Surge Intense” but since my skin has been so unbalanced and oily, i’ve opted for the lighter gel formula. This is a great moisturizer for the summer time or for combination-oily skins! It’s made with dermatologists and is 100% fragrance free!
- St. Tropez Bronzing Mousse: Normally I’m an “embrace the paste” type of girl. Recently, however, I’ve been getting UV treatment for my eczema-a side effect of which is that the skin tans. Now, I figured it would look pretty odd if my hands were tanned while the rest of me was pale, so I’ve been trying out some different self-tan products. This St. Tropez Bronzing Mousse has been absolutely wonderful this month. It’s ridiculously easy to apply, and doesn’t turn orange, doesn’t stain my sheets, and doesn’t irritate my skin. One application lasts for about 1-1.5 weeks! I will be doing a full review on this soon!
- Sally Hansen Salon Airbrush Legs: If you guys have not tried this, I seriously recommend it. It’s basically a spray-makeup for your legs. Now don’t let that description scare you, because it is so easy to apply and it looks so natural. I use the colour medium glow, and it helps to perfect my tan, and make my skin look even and perfect. If you love wearing dresses/shorts/skirts, this will definitely change your life. If you would like to see a review/demonstration/tutorial on this, let me know!
What are some of your favourite summer products?