Lips have become the focal point of my makeup obsession recently. This is likely due to the change in weather, as heat typically results in me gravitating towards softer eye makeup paired with a pretty lip colour. I have been absolutely loving the peaches, pinks and corals, and while these colour trends are in no way new for spring, this is the first year that I’ve truly started to get into the spirit of summer makeup.
These are my current favourite lipsticks for spring/summer:
(From left to right)
- L’oreal “Peach Fuzz” lipstick: a gorgeous peach with a bit of a golden lustre (a very soft lustre-it’s not sparkly by any means!) Over the natural colour of the lips it appears more of a pink-toned peach! However because of the soft lustre, this might not be the nicest on very dry lips, so make sure to moisturize!
- Revlon “Temptress” lipstick: This is one of my all-time favourite drugstore lipsticks. It’s such a pretty pink, has a gorgeous creamy finish, and looks good on pretty much every skin tone.
- Mac “Girl About Town”: this is probably my favourite bold lipstick. It’s described as a “bright blue-fuschia” which can seemingly scare people. I wouldn’t say that it’s an intense fuschia, but more of a bright pink with blue undertones (this colour makes your teeth look super white!) It’s an amplified creme, so it’s very pigmented but isn’t dry or flaky at all. I absolutely adore this lipstick.
- Nyx “Eclair” Butter Gloss: These butter glosses have been my most recent obsessions. They are without a doubt my current favourite lip product. The colour pigmentation is really nice for a gloss, and they genuinely make your lips feel like butter. They work wonderfully over a lipstick, or by themselves. (I’ll be doing a full review of these soon). “Eclair” is baby pink shade, and I personally think it works great as a “Kim Kardashian” shade (especially paired with Mac’s “Angel” lipstick).
- Nyx “Maple Blondie” Butter Gloss: Maple Blondie is a brighter pinky-coral, and the tones of each colour will be brought out differently depending on your own natural lip color, or if you’ve got a lipstick on underneath. I love wearing this colour by itself because it’s so nicely pigmented and is perfect for a light summer look!