I’ve done a bit of shopping recently-okay, who am I kidding…I shop a lot, all the time. But I just can’t help myself! There are so many interesting products out there, and I want to try them all! Something about buying new makeup makes me feel genuinely better even on the worst of days.
The emergence of spring and warm weather has only made my shopping problem worse, with all the gorgeous spring colours and collections. I’ve been very drawn towards pinks, peaches, and corals, and have really been wanting to build my makeup collection to include more of these colours!
I thought I’d compile all the goodies I’ve recently purchased into one haul post!
Lush: an adorable bunny bubble bar and carrot bubble bars! You can read my post on the Lush Easter Collection and details of these products here.
- The Mary-Lou Manizer Highlighter. I will be doing a full review of it soon!
- The Batter Up cream eye shadow in “Grand Slam Pam”. I had never actually heard of this cream shadow before, but they were on sale for 50% off, and since I’m addicted to cream shadows, I just couldn’t resist!
- Butter glosses in “Maple Blondie”, and then I purchased a set of 3 that has “Eclair”, “Apple Strudel”, and “Cherry Pie”. These are AMAZING. I will be posting a review on these ASAP.
- Wonder Pencil: I had heard some really good reviews on this, and was definitely curious. It claims to be an eyeliner, lipliner, and concealer in one. While I personally wouldn’t use it as a concealer, it works wonderfully in the waterline to brighten up your eyes. It doesn’t make my eyes water, and lasts surprisingly well! It also works really well on the lips as a liner to make your lips appear bigger, especially on more nude or soft lip days.
- Jumbo Eye Pencil in “Milk”. This is arguably one of NYX’s most popular eye products. I have read countless reviews of it, and so many people claim that it works great as a base to make colourful shadow pop, appear more pigmented, and last longer. I decided I needed to try it for myself and see if this is true!
Clinique: I have been reading SO many good reviews for the Cheek Pop blushes, and as I am a huge Clinique lover, I absolutely could not resist. The colours I got are “Ginger Pop” and “Peach Pop”. They are a bit on the pricey side, but they are so unbelievably gorgeous. I will also be doing a review on these soon!
- The Elixir in “Breathtaking Apricot.” This is a gorgeous coral-pink, and the texture is so beautiful. There are SO many liquid lipstick/glosses on the market lately, but these are definitely some of my favourite.
- Mega Plush Volume Mascara: I love trying different Mascaras, and thought that the wand on this one looked really cool. It’s a little on the bigger side, and the wand tip is flexible, allowing it to move with your lashes. I currently LOVE this over top of my Mac Lash Prep & Prime lash primer.
Other random purchases:
- Bobbi Brown lipgloss in “Nectar.” This is from the spring collection and is a gorgeous coral-pink (in case it wasn’t obvious, I’ve been loving coral-pink lately!) The texture of the lipgloss is gorgeous, although it is slightly on the sticky side. I love Bobbi Brown, but to be honest I’m really disappointed in the packaging of the lipgloss, especially for the price point. I find it kind of funny that lots of “drug store” lip products have way nicer packaging than one that costs over $20. Other than that, I love this lipgloss!
- Clarins Radiance-Plus Golden Glow Booster: I have been eagerly awaiting this product. It’s basically a self glow/tanner that you add to your daily moisturizer! You take some of your daily moisturizer in your hand, add 3 drops of this, mix it around, and then apply it to your face! A full review of this will be coming soon!