This past weekend, I had the opportunity to attend a MAC Pro class at my local MAC store with one of my best friends! Being still relatively new to the wonderful world of a MAC Pro card, I was absolutely ecstatic to be invited!
This class was focused on spring beauty and how to create a natural, soft makeup look-which made me even more excited, since I’ve been on such a spring beauty kick! (I did a whole post on it here!)
Melissa Gibson, an amazing and hugely successful MAC senior makeup artist, was flown in to teach the class! She’s done celebrity and runway makeup, including Fashion Week! It was incredible to meet her and to watch her work; it was inspirational and reminded me of just how much I really do love makeup.
The store closed at 6:00pm, and stayed open exclusively for the class. We then got after-hours shopping time, which was so much fun that I was practically shaking. Imagine 20 girls buzzing around the store during an exclusive shopping event after having learned about all these amazing products from an incredible makeup artist. The energy in that store could practically power a village.
While I was not initially planning on spending any money, I simply could not resist after learning so many new things and seeing all these incredible products in action. I picked the items that I knew would be wonderful additions to my makeup collection!
- Cremeblend Blush in “Something Special”: a gorgeous cream blush, this is absolutely perfect for spring and summer!
- Pro Sculpting Cream in “Pure Sculpture”: Melissa used this to contour and I instantly fell in love with it. It has the perfect texture to contour with!
- Eyeshadow in “Wedge”:I think this shadow is a staple for any kit. It’s a perfect, basic soft brown/taupe that works on virtually every skin tone, especially in the crease!
- 217 Brush: This is a fairly standard, yet crucial brush to have! It’s wonderful for a soft application and blending.
- 210 Eyeliner Brush: This is by far the tiniest eyeliner brush I have found, and is so much easier to apply gel liner with!
- Gently Off Eye & Lip makeup remover: This was used to remove makeup on the models in class, and I was so surprised at how easily it removed everything! It makes your skin feel so nice and soft and really does remove even the most waterproof of makeup.
- Studio Sculpt Foundation in NC15-I had a sample of this in NC20, which was a tad too dark, BUT I absolutely love the foundation! I have had some trouble with breakouts from MAC foundations in the past, but so far I haven’t had a problem (cross your fingers!) and I hope it stays that way! It’s a beautiful foundation with a somewhat dewy finish, especially when used with a beauty blender. I will be doing a full review on this soon!
- Prep N Prime Lash primer-I have been on a HUGE lash primer kick lately. It really does make a difference!
I have a feeling that most (if not all) of these products will be featured in my March favourites post!
If you get the opportunity to attend a Mac Pro class, I absolutely recommend it!!
Also be sure to check out my best friend Claudia, she’s a singer and makeup artist!