I know I start off every monthly favourites post by saying how shocked I am that yet another month has passed. February, however, seems to have passed even quicker than the last (is that even possible?)
February has always been one of my favourite months, and not just because it happens to be the month of my birth. For me, February has always meant (slightly) warmer weather-with a little more sunshine than we are used to during our Canadian winter-boots, scarves, delicious lattes, and red & pink lipstick.
While this particular February happened to comprise mainly of work and school, there were a lot of products that I have been absolutely loving. Since it’s been a couple of months since my last favourites post, my collection of new products and new favourites has grown quite large.
- Stila In the Light Palette: I have been yearning for this palette since I first saw it in November at my work. Unfortunately we were sold out of it until February, so when I finally saw that we had received some stock, I grabbed it as soon as I possibly could. I am head over heels in love with this palette. The textures are beautiful and the colours are wonderfully pigmented. My absolute favourite colour is “Kitten”-it’s a gorgeous light beige shimmer, and I have been wearing it almost every single day!
- Stila Stay All Day 24 Hour Liquid Liner: After hearing so many positive reviews on this liner, I decided to give it a try. I have definitely been loving it, it lasts all day long and has a really nice finish.
- Covergirl Clumpcrusher Mascara: This one isn’t really a new product, I used it during the summer and really liked it, but after it was used up I ended up trying a bunch of other mascaras. However, I found myself faithfully returning to this one as I really do love it. So far it’s definitely my favourite drugstore mascara-I love the curved. rubberized wand, it doesn’t clump or goop, and it makes my lashes look long and pretty
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in “Chocolate”: Beauty gurus, youtubers, and makeup artist’s seemed to all be raving about this, so naturally I couldn’t resist giving it a try. I am so glad that I did, as it is without a doubt the best brow product that I have used thus far. I will be doing a full post on it soon!
- Benefit Erase Paste Concealer: This is a really creamy, blendable concealer that is great for under-eye areas with dryness or fine lines. I got it in shade #2 which is a peach colour, as this helps to counteract the dark bluish tones under my eyes.
- Estée Lauder Ideal Light Brush On Illuminator: This is a cross between a highlighter and concealer in my opinion, and blends really nicely. I use this to brighten myeye area in an upside down triangle shape, as the Benefit concealer is more for colour-correction than brightening.
- Mac Paint Pot in “Bare Study”: Paint pots make wonderful eye shadow bases, and I find myself using them virtually every single day. Bare Study is a gorgeous light beige with a soft, pearlescent gold shimmer. I find it to be so versatile-you can wear itunder so many different eyeshadow colours!
- Mac Extra Dimension Skin Finish in “Superb”: This is a repromoted highlighter from the Magnetic Nude collection in winter 2013, and I was instantly drawn towards this particular skin finish. It’s a soft, darker toned beige-peach with gorgeous shimmer.
- Benefit “Hoola” Bronzer: This has been a holy grail bronzer for many beauty lovers out there. I love the texture of this bronzer, and while I don’t usually like the applicators that come with blushes or bronzers, the thin, straight shape makes this a great brush for contouring cheekbones!
- Revlon Colourburst Balms: I have been absolutely obsessed with these, and now have about 12 in my collection. I will be doing a full review post on these soon, so for now I’ll just say that my current favourite colours are “Elusive”, “Demure”, and “Standout”!
- Mac Lipsticks: “M.A.C. Red” (a gorgeous, bright blue-toned red in a satin finish) and “Girl About Town” (a vivid, fuchsia-pink) have been absolutely perfect lip colours for February!
- Mac Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in “More To Love”: This photographed darker than it truly is; it’s a bluish-toned pink that matches “Girl About Town” almost perfectly!
Hair & Skin
- Clarins HydraQuench Intensive Serum Bi-Phase: This serum contains Hyaluronic acid (which helps bind moisture to the skin), Katafray Extract (helps to reinforce the surface barrier of the skin), Inca Peanut Extract (helps restore hydrolipidic film in the skin), Red Algae extract (helps to encourage the skin’s natural moisture processes) among many other good ingredients! It’s good for virtually all skin types that experience dehydration.
- Clarins Cleansing Milk with Alpine Herbs: This is a comforting cleanser that contains Alpine Herbs, Vitamins A & E, St. John’s Wort, and Sweet Almond. It has a lovely smell, and the scent is all from natural sources and is not synthetic fragrance!
- Batiste Dry Shampoos: these have been my best friends lately, as my hair has been especially oily for some reason! They have a few different types, but so far my favourite have been the volumizing formula, and the formula for dark hair (the usual white dry shampoos really aren’t great for dark-haired girls like myself!)