Eagerly checking the mailbox everyday for its arrival was growing rather tiresome after several weeks, but after what has seemed like an eternity, I FINALLY received my M.A.C Pro Card in the mail!
To say that I was much like a child in a candy store would be an immense understatement. I’m not exaggerating when I tell you that I experienced a genuine adrenaline rush, with goosebumps and all. Are these symptomatic of being a shopaholic? Perhaps.
Now, I tried to resist the urge to buy absolutely everything, so this shall be the first of many M.A.C hauls to come in the future. I really have tried to pace myself over the last two months, and it has taken an immense amount of restraint. I was so excited to try these things, so mostly all of them have been used and are therefore not in a pristinely new condition. Sorry, but I just could not resist!
The first purchases were cheek products:
- Extra Dimension Skinfinish in “Superb”- I fell in love with this as soon as I saw it in the Magnetic Nude collection display. It photographed darker than it really is, so in person it’s a lighter, peachy-ish nude with multidimensional shimmer. It looks a tad similar to “Soft and Gentle” and makes an absolutely gorgeous highlighter.
- Sheertone Blush in “Gingerly”-I’ve been on the hunt for a good blush to wear with bold/red lips; so, one that doesn’t overpower or clash with a red lip. Gingerly is a tan tone with just a hint of peach to add a nice glow without looking flat or brown.
Next, were eye products!
- “Vintage Selection” Pro Longwear Paint Pot: A frosted, “dirty peach” shade, that has a bit of greyish-pink tone
- “Bare Study” Pro Longwear Paint Pot: So far, this has been my absolute favourite. It’s a neutral, light-beige tone with soft shimmer. When applied over the natural pink-tone of the eyelid, it turns into a beautiful light champagne colour.
- “Perky” Pro Longwear Paint Pot: a creamy, coral-pink with a white pearlescent glow. This would make an absolutely gorgeous base for a pink eyeshadow look!
- “Blanc Type” Matte eyeshadow: a creamy, off-white beige with a pure matte finish. I think a colour like this is a must-have!
Last, but definitely not least: lips!
- Lovelorn: a light, blue-pink with a lustre finish
- Diva: a rich, red-brown burgundy with a matte finish
- Morning Rose: a soft, brown-pink rose colour with a slight shimmer (very soft, not sparkly at all!)
- Heroine: a gorgeous, bright purple with a matte finish