I am a huge fan of gold & metallic colours, and when I saw the Arbonne “Super Nova” quad eyeshadow palette, I instantly fell in love with it!
Just look at those colours! They are so perfect for the holiday season, and there are so many different looks that you could create with this palette! The textures are gorgeous: soft, velvety, and blendable, with great pigmentation and colour payoff!
I thought I would put together a quick and easy pictorial on how to do a gold & black smokey-ish eye look!
1. I like to apply a base to even out the colour of my eyelid as they can be rather veiny. My current favourite is the “Soft Ochre” paint pot by Mac. The cream-like texture helps any powder or pigment stick to the eyelid better.
2. Apply the gold (third colour) all over the lid
3. Apply the more bronze-toned shade (second colour), but concentrate it on the outer half of the lid, creating more of a soft two-toned look.
4. Apply the black in the outer crease, blending in soft windshield-wiper motions, but not extending it all the way into the inner part of the lid.
5. Using the same black colour and a small eyeliner/eyebrow brush, bring the colour along the lash line, connecting it to the black in the crease.
6. Tight-line the upper and lower lash lines! (Using a black eyeliner, bring the colour into the waterline)
7. If desired, deepen the liner with a liquid or gel liner, and deepen the black in the crease to your preference!
For a bit of a different look, you could do a cat-eye instead of tight-lining! Paired with a red lip, I think this look is super fun for the holidays!
What are some of your favourite holiday looks?