So I guess you could say that I’ve recently done a bit of shopping.
Okay, a lot. I’ve done a lot of shopping. But really, what is the good of working and making money if you can’t enjoy the fruits of your labour? Nothing excites and calms me simultaneously quite like shopping does. No matter how terrible of a day I could be having, shopping boosts my mood. I can think of many worse things that I could be turning to; if shopping is my worst vice, then I can fully accept that.
I don’t normally shop this much in such a short period of time, but there were a lot of things that I needed/wanted to try, so I figured that I would turn it into a Fall/Winter Haul type thing!
I’ll admit, I went a little crazy…but I just couldn’t help myself! All of this shopping was done within the timespan of a week and a half-ish, so I thought I’d put it all together in one post!
The first store that I went to was Bath & Body Works. I wasn’t planning to purchase anything until I noticed the sale signs. And then my eyes glazed over, I started salivating, and I went on a slight rampage. The first day that I went, the mini candles were 3 for $10. Today, they had a “Buy 3 Get 3 Free.” I ended up leaving with:
- Christmas Candle Holder: It has Christmas Trees and a red and green house on it. How cute is that?!
- Red Velvet Cupcake Candle: It’s a candle. That smells. Like a red velvet cupcake. Need I say more?
- Snowflake Wallflower with a cookie-scented insert- these things are amazing. You plug the insert into the wallflower, and then plug the wallflower into the wall. And your room will smell phenomenal without the fear of a lit candle!
- Mini candles: “‘Tis The Season” (Im not sure how they’ve managed to capture the essence of the Christmas Season into one candle, but they have!), “Hot Buttered Rum”, and “Cinnamon Frosting”
- Lavender & Chamomile body and bath oil
- Eucalyptus Spearmint Pillow Spray
Next, I went to LUSH. Not only am I addicted to everything bath and relaxation-related, but they recently moved into a larger store so I absolutely could not resist checking it out. I then noticed that they had a Christmas collection. I wanted everything, but limited myself to only 3 things:
- Christmas Eve: This blue and yellow swirly thingy is a bubble melt. In other words, it’s heaven. It has Jasmine and Ylang Ylang and is so beautifully calming. I crumbled half of mine into one bath, so it definitely lasts more than one use.
- Snowman: This bath bomb is more fizzy than bubbly, but has cocoa butter and vanilla for relaxation and moisture. It smells delicious and I kind of want to eat it.
- Shoot For the Stars: this giant bath bomb looks like outer space, has caramel and toffee, and it apparently sparkles and shoots out little “stars” as it dissolves into the bath water. I will test this and document my findings.
A beauty blogger would not have a successful haul without makeup products, of course! I stopped into Sephora, Mac, and London Drugs to pick up a few things that I needed and wanted to try.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Concealers: I’ve heard so many good things about these concealers, and decided to pick up two colours to use as contour and highlighting products. I purchased the darkest shade “deep” and the lightest shade “fair.”
- Mac “Dazzlelight” Eyeshadow: This was the first ever shadow that I bought from Mac and I used it almost every single day. I was so sad when it ran out that I had to go to Mac to get a new one.
- Mac brow pencil in “Spiked”: While I was at Mac getting my new shadow, I remembered that I am entirely out of brow pencils and desperately needed a new one. I decided to give this a try, and am absolutely loving it!
- L’oreal Infallible eyeshadow in “Time Resist White”: I love the Infallible eyeshadows, and when I saw that they were on sale at London Drugs, I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to try a new colour! This colour is absolutely STUNNING, and is a frosty white-ish colour.
- Maybelline Colour Tattoo Eyeshadow in “Too Cool”: This colour is very similar to “Time Resist White” which is exactly what I wanted. The Color Tattoos work amazingly underneath the Infallibles, and these two colours together provide such gorgeous and long-lasting pigmented colour. They are probably my new favourite eyeshadow pair!
- Red blazer: From Dynamite. This blazer is glorious, it’s a bit more on the flowy side, it’s super flattering and COMFORTABLE!
- Black Dress: Also from Dynamite. It’s got some leather panelling on it, which I am majorly digging this season. It’s got a bit of a v-neck/sweetheart neckline, and cinches at the waist; perfect for curvy girls!
- Long shawl cardigan: Forever 21 has some of the best cardigans. I’ve been looking for one like this for ages, and finally found one that fits well, is super comfortable, and wasn’t too expensive. I have a feeling this will become one of my most-worn pieces.
- Fur vest: Again, Forever 21. This vest is gorgeous, with white, cream, and brown tones. The fur trend is one that I simply cannot pass up.
- Grey knit slipper booties: Thank you Target for finally having slippers that fit my very large feet!
Yes, perhaps I went a little crazy. Do I regret any of it? Absolutely not! It’s okay to splurge once in a while, and it’s okay to enjoy the money that you work for!
What are some things you have your eyes on this season? What are some of your favourite purchases?