Yes, I’m aware that it’s only November 4th and that winter is only just beginning. However, when you live in Canada, winter usually begins around mid-October. I love many aspects of winter, particularly fashion and Christmas time.
Do I love when when the temperature goes below -25 degrees celsius? Not so much. That being said, I do prefer cold weather to hot weather (most of the time) because I love warmer clothes: cardigans, sweaters, scarves, cute jackets…need I say more?
I have always loved the beginning of the season, mostly because I’m usually so excited to see what trends will emerge and what sorts of things I would love to do.
In an ode to my love of the winter season, I thought I’d make a quick post about beauty and fashion trends that I’m excited to try and see this winter!
- Dark/Berry Lips: Something about a dark berry or plum colour makes me feel undeniably glamorous and edgy, and this colour seems to be all the rage this season. You see it on nails, in fashion, and especially on lips. I have been obsessed with a cat eye and dark lip combo! This amazing look is created by the beautiful amrezy
- Cat Eye/Winged Liner: I have been loving a cat eye for multiple reasons, the primary reason being that it is the PERFECT partner to a dark lip, as depicted by the picture above. Bold cat eyes, soft cat eyes, I honestly think that it’s one of the most classic and versatile makeup looks.
- Gold & Red: One of the most classic and glamorous combinations, gold and black has always been one of my absolute favourite color combos in both makeup and fashion. For makeup, I am absolutely in love with a gold eye, black liner, and red lip.
- Fur: I know this trend can be extremely controversial, and for my personal preference I would never wear real fur, HOWEVER I do love the faux fur trend and am excited to see it making such a big comeback. Vest, Jackets, sweaters, I am not ashamed to say that I am currently crazy about the fur trend as it’s super trendy yet also offers warmth. I especially love it when paired with textured/leather pants or leggings.
- Textured Pants/Leggings: These have become a HUGE trend in recent months, and I’m seeing them everywhere. They come in all leather, or with leather panels, studs, different textures and fabrics, and more. I’m obsessed with these; they’re fierce, bold, and really make a statement. They can be dressed up, or worn with a casual outfit for an easy-chic vibe.
- Oversized Cardigans: I always have, and likely always will have an immense love of oversized and baggy cardigans. It’s a perfect combination between comfort and fashion, and there are so many different kinds out there. Bat wing, flowy, long, the possibilities are endless. You can wear them with jeans, leggings, dresses, pretty much anything you want!
- Statement Necklace: This isn’t by any means a new trend, but rather one of my favourites of the last year. I love statement necklaces of all kind, and I personally think the bolder the better. For winter, a trend that I’m seeing a lot is all black, with a really bold statement necklace.
What are your favourite current and upcoming trends of the season?
Check out my Pinterest for more fashion posts!
- Winter Fashion 2013 2014 Trends Beanies Leg Warmers Snow Boots Coats Jackets Clothes Dresses Outfits Hats Wear Clothing (winterfashion20132014.wordpress.com)