Pasta is synonymous with happiness. Well, not really, but it should be. I would eat pasta every day if it were healthy to do so. One of my favourite things to do is try to make pasta bit healthier – such as using a gluten-free or brown rice pasta, and making the sauces out of things like vegetables and beans. Then again, sometimes you just need a good old-fashion comfort food pasta. I love stroganoff and knew I needed to find a recipe for a great vegan mushroom stroganoff. I began searching for different ones online, and while there are lots of great ones – like this one from Caitlin of From My Bowl – I knew I wanted to play around and see what I could come up with.
This instantly became one of my favourite recipes. It’s a super easy, one-pot vegan mushroom-stroganoff style pasta. It’s dairy free, vegan, and can be customized in a ton of different ways! !
Best of all it’s easy, quick, and can be made in just one pot!
- When adding your pasta, the liquid should be just covering the pasta. Depending on the pasta you’re using, you may need to add an extra 1-2 cups water.
- I decided to add extra pasta for leftovers, so I added an extra 1 & 1/2 cups water.
- The beefless ground is optional but adds extra heartiness, protein, and that “traditional” stroganoff texture. You could substitute this with lentils!
- Omit sprinkle of vegan cheese for a healthier option
- You can use any type of pasta, but I prefer gluten-free. It’s healthier and easier on the stomach! My current favourite is the Catelli Gluten-Free pasta, or brown rice pasta.