Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette – Easy Neutral Look

By now I’m sure you’ve heard of Urban Decay’s most recent palette launch – the Naked Smoky! You can read all about it and see swatches here!

Some of the negative feedback I’ve heard for this palette is usually something along the lines of “It’s great for a smoky eye….but what else can you do with it?” I wanted to create a quick and simple look to showcase that you can do more with this palette than just a dark, smoky eye.

Naked Smoky look 1 -warmA neutral/warm shimmery look is my favourite and go-to, especially when trying out a new product. It adds definition but still highlights the eye.

For this look, I started with blending “Combust” into the crease and below the brow bone as a transition shade. Then I blended “Whiskey” into the outer crease lightly. On the lid, I used my finger to apply “High” over the majority of the lid, meeting up with Whiskey but not really overlapping it. To blend the two shades, I applied “Radar”, starting at the outer corner and blending it inwards. I also added Whiskey to the lower lash line, using the smaller end of the brush to soften and blend. I applied “Thirteen” to the inner corner and the brow bone as a highlight shade. I finished with “Blackmarket” along my lash line to fake eyeliner!

This look is super quick and easy to create, and can be worn for all occasions! You can dress it up with a cat eye and false lashes, or apply less Whiskey to make it softer!

Also wearing:

• Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in “Dark Brown.” (Please excuse my messy brows, I’m letting them grow and trying hard not to pluck!)
  • Benefit Roller Lash Mascara
  • Lise Watier Smokey Kohl Velours Liner – Nude

P1200170 2

I also created this smoky bronze look, using the same palette! It’s super easy, and you can see a tutorial on it here!

12 Comments

1. stretch3000 July 16, 2015 / 10:19 am

I think this is great and consequently I would like to understand all about make up and beauty.

2. xMaffyx July 16, 2015 / 11:07 am

Beautiful look! I also create a simlar look with my Lorac Pro palette <3 and, your brows doesn't look messy at all!! 😀

• RaincoatesBeauty July 16, 2015 / 12:58 pm

Thank you! The Lorac Pro palette looks so lovely! Hahahaha they’re messy to me but I suppose we are always our own worst critics 🙊

• xMaffyx July 16, 2015 / 1:00 pm

The packaging makes it look messy! If they put it in a different packaging then maybe it’ll look less messy, I guess. But hey, I still love it!! 🙂

3. tessgalen July 16, 2015 / 2:20 pm

Awesome shades. I thought it looked like a dark palette, but you’ve made such a pretty and light look!

4. Kaily July 16, 2015 / 10:00 pm

Firstly, I don’t know why anyone would complain about the smokey palette only being good for smokey looks… the freaking name is “smokey!” LOL. But the look you created is very pretty and neutral so way to shut ’em down 😉

• RaincoatesBeauty July 17, 2015 / 12:35 am

That’s what I thought too haha!! I think some people are intimidated by the palette because they think it’s only good for smoky looks. But in reality there’s so much that can be done with it! Thank you <3

5. Annie December 8, 2015 / 7:03 pm

The makeup looks lovely, but couldn’t you have posted a step-by-step tutorial?

Thanks

• RaincoatesBeauty December 8, 2015 / 7:06 pm

Thank you! I wasn’t even planning to photograph this actually, I was playing around with the new palette and ended up liking the result, so I took a quick photo! I can do a tutorial soon 🙂

6. Sydney January 3, 2016 / 5:03 pm

When I got the palette,I could only make looks that looked very dark. Thank you for posting a look that can be used for everyday!!